33

H a r r y

"Oh, thank God! I knew I'd find you here." I blinked a couple times, still hoping this was all just a dream and I'd get up in a moment. But no, nothing happened. It was Ruby. I was in awe, yet so terrified. She was back, what did she want? Or worse, what did I want now since Ruby was back in the picture? What about Sapphire?

"Ruby."

"Is that all you can say? Ruby? I'm here now, how are you?" She squealed and I stayed silent. Why wasn't this a dream? A nightmare, to be exact. That always happened everytime I had Ruby in my dream. She became my nightmare.

I turned back to face Sapphire who froze probably also processing this whole thing. Suddenly, I felt Ruby pulled my hand so I'd face her again then she pecked my cheek before pulling me into her hug. "Oh my God! Harry I'm so glad I found you. I need you, Harry. You miss me, right? I'm back, Harry. I'm here." She said in our hug. "Say something!"

She was back, Harry. She was here.

"Come on, take me to your place. I want to spill everything." She pulled my hand but I stayed frozen, and I looked back at Sapphire. "Why are you not moving?"

"W-wait, Sapphire..."

"What? Couldn't she wait? I'm back after all these years. You didn't tell her about me? Us?" Then she turned to greet Sapphire with her lovely words. "You wouldn't mind, right, Sara?"

I locked gaze with Sapphire and I wonder what the hell was she thinking right now. I wish I could tell her, but I also had no idea what was going on. I couldn't have Ruby back. She'd ruin everything I had with Sapphire. She'd make me ruin everything I had with Sapphire.

"Fine, just take Sara with us." Ruby said. Holy fuck. I thought nothing could go any worse.

-

S a p p h i r e

Ruby was still clinging on Harry for the last 30 minutes. We were at the bar, and I haven't let out a single word. "You're paying for the drinks, right?" Ruby asked and Harry only nodded. I felt so left out, Harry didn't even try t explain what was going on. Not like he knew, but he didn't have to left me up in the conversation. He didn't even introduce me.

"I miss you so much, Harry. You missed me too, right?"

"I miss you buying me new clothes. Look at me, I look like a total mess."

"Remember when you used to steal the liquor for me? I miss that."

And Harry was the one who didn't trust me around Kyle? I mean, She was Ruby. The girl he fell in love with, even after we met. No wonders, though. Look at her. She has the slimmest waist and the perfect cheekbones, her hair was wildly red, and everything about Ruby spoke challenge and adventure. Now she was back in the picture, I'd be the one who don't trust Harry around her.

"Excuse me," I cleared my throat. "I-I'm going to have to use the restroom,"

"Oh, she speaks?" Ruby smirked. "Kidding. You can go now,"

I mentally groaned. Harry didn't even stop me. I entered the restroom sighing, only looking at the mirror.

What was Harry trying to say outside the coffee shop? When would he admit that he was falling for me? What would he do since Ruby was back?

Look at her. Look at me. Hair is straightly red, my hair is usual dark and messy. She has piercing eyes; I didn't even dare to stare. Her pointy nose and sharp cheekbones, and her lips, what am I compared to that? And the way she talked, the way she walked. She was no doubt attractive. She was the kind of girl every guy would give up just to spend one night with her.

She couldn't have him back. I've lost everyone; I didn't want to lose him too. She had her time, and she blew it. She left Harry just like that. Her loss. But me, I would never even think to leave him. I... I love him.

I took a deep breath, clearly not ready to get back and pretend that everything was okay. I needed to tell Harry how I felt, before it was too late. So I went out, slowly walking back to our table.

I could see them from a far. I could see her telling probably some killer stories and how Harry smiled looking at her through all the talk.

"I have to tell you something, Harry." I stopped my tracks. "I... I need to tell you the reason I left." I gulped. Shit, I shouldn't hear it. But instead of closing my ears, I hid behind the nearest wall.

"What is it, Ruby?"

"I... I left with Will." Will?

"You what?"

"Will. As in Will Reeves, remember? I left with him."

Then everything went blur. Will Reeves. She was the girl that Will left me for.