8

H a r r y

"Oh, really?" Her eyes shined with wonder, and I'm getting used to it because that was just the way she looks at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. I just chose randomly, and maybe unfortunately, I got yours"

"I don't fucking care. It's mine, and I don't want you to sing it."

"But it's really beautiful, I lo-"

"I said it's mine I don't want you to fucking sing it." I quickly snatched the paper away from her. She was not worthy because she's no Ruby. She's just Sapphire.

"I'm sorry, Harry." Her voice was soft and calming, always full of sincerity. It's weird how she lessens my rage with just a simple sorry.

I didn't respond, afraid she'd be able to see more vulnerability. Instead I sank to the floor, locking my eyes to my poem with those memories of Ruby already creeping on my mind.

"Umm, I really wish I could do something to help,"

Keep talking, it helps, I like your voice.

"But it seems like my presence would only make it worse,"

No, Stay.

"So I guess I'm just gonna go."

Stay.

I heard her footsteps walking away, but she stopped when she reached the door. "I'm sorry, I hope things will get better between you and whoever she might be."

It won't.

"I'll see you around, Harry." She said and left.

"Harry, would you like to accompany me tonight?" She asked me through the phone, and I smiled.

"Sure, Ruby. Where are you now?" I asked back, walking to my car.

"Home. Come over?"

How can I say no?

"I'm already on my way." I like the thought that I crossed her mind when she's down.

"Hey, Ruby." I entered her room and closed the door. She was sitting on her bed while hugging her feet.

"Cold?" I immediately sat beside her, covering her shoulders with my coat.

"I just don't get it." She started. "I mean, we fucked last night and hell, he was awesome. And I fucked so many guys, so," Her voice was fading after that sentence. "And this afternoon I caught him making out with some random bitch? We just fucked last night, for God's sake!"

"Did I suck in bed? I'm fucking Ruby Simone. I can fuck any guy I want and I chose him! Could he at least wait for a week or something? I knew I shouldn't tell him that I liked him. I feel so dumb right now."

"I got one question for you."

"Shoot"

"Out of all guys, why him? Like you said, you're Ruby Simone! Will is a jerk, he has always been a pain in the ass. He's a faggot. You could do so much better. Someone who's loyal and is willing to do anything for you." Like me.

"Loyal, and willing to do anything for me? That sounds so fucking boring. I just want a permanent fuck-buddy, maybe with a little feeling, but still!" Shit.

"Don't you want something more?" I asked

"You know what? Just drop it. You're starting to sound like my mom. "

"Rub my back?" she soon added while smiling, and I just can't resist.

He's hurting Ruby, but I'm the one who's broken.

-

My mind was dragged back to reality. I thought about what she said.

"Umm, I really wish I could do something to help,"

"I'm sorry, I hope things will get better between you and whoever she might be."

She was once again innocent. She knew nothing about the story behind this poem.

She knew nothing about Ruby.

She was trying to help. I was again pushing away those who wanted to help.

I recollect my thoughts.

Why was I so stupid?

She was just trying to help me, but I pushed her away. Like I did with everyone else.

I stood up and walked away from the piano room and do what I had to do. I surprised myself.

I opened up.

-

S a p p h i r e

I've never seen anyone so broken before. I don't think anyone ever seen that side of Harry Styles.

'He drinks. He parties. He even does wild racing sometimes. But, He doesn't do girls.'

'Why does a guy like that take Literature as his major? Whoops, gay alert.'

'He's so mysterious. That's so fucking hot.'

He was like the headline of the campus yet nobody knew the real him. I walked to my class still thinking about him. I mean, of course. Why wouldn't they? Look at him. His hair, his jawline, and, oh goodness, his sharp gazes?

He deserves all the attention.

I was lost in my thoughts when I felt a soft tap my shoulder. I turned around to see those familiar emerald green eyes. His breathing was messed up, he probably ran.

"Harry." I gulped, clearly surprised to see him. I thought he was mad at me?

"Here," He said with no hesitation, handing me a piece of paper. I studied the writings and realized what it was. Fool's Gold.

"Why are you giving me this?" Just minutes ago this guy practically showed his hatred over my action towards his work. "I don't want to push yourself on doing what you don't want to do. I can still choose someone else's work." I added. This poem must've meant a lot to him, it must be something personal and I don't want to push his buttons.

"You changed my mind." I what? "Just take it. Good luck." That was it. He just turned and walk away, as always.

Even if it was true, I don't want his mind to be the only thing I can change. I want to reveal all of him.

-

Hiii! Pretty please, with a cherry on top, don't forget to comment, vote, and tell us what u think!