Logan knew, though. He was supposed to come with me, like a bodyguard should. I felt bad, though. I would be taking him away from all his friends and family and forcing him to stay by my side while it killed him every day.  

I pointed that out to him. He ignored me.

"Besides, we're not going only for a goodbye," I said, hopping off the couch to meet him at the door. I wore a white sweatshirt over a pair of shorts which were over thick black tights. My feet were snug in my favorite brown combat boots. My neck was protected by a grey wool scarf and my long dark hair was capped by my blue beanie.

Ever since the attack last week, news had leaked out (exclusive only to Paradise--thank the stars for that) about the princess being hidden in Paradise. The only reason that the social media hadn't learned was because of my father. They were all too scared of his threat--let's face it: my father would actually sue them if they dared defy his orders.

No one recognized Alec, which kind of deflated his ego just a bit.

"Yeah, yeah. We need to get something," Alec muttered. He had gotten the keys and unlocked the silver car. "Are you sure want to do that though? I mean, you could always take--"

"I'm sure," I said, firm on my decision. The drive to Paradise Coffee was quiet and tense. Alec concentrated on the road, afraid to interrupt my train of thoughts. I felt so bad for him--all week he had been trying so hard to cheer me up, telling me jokes, suggesting things for us to do. Archer as well. It's hard to take your mind off when you spend your last week in the house you're never going to spend another week ever again.

Archer was staying longer than we were. Father said he would be safer out of Cimeria. He was visiting for Christmas though, but he needed to lay low until he sorted out his whole I-Didn't-Actually-Kill-Someone-When-I-Was-Thirteen business.

We parked in front of Paradise Coffee. Everyone was already there (except for Logan), gathered around in the middle. Quickly, Alec and I got out and walked in. The sweet smell of cappuchinos and pumpkin pie wafted around me.

Elijah smiled happily at us. His coffee shop had become ten times as busy when more agents swarmed into the town, and they made his shop their base. Which made it harder for Elijah to stop by. He did so at nights (in the dead of night actually).

Alec and I went to Elijah first so I could say goodbye to my cousin. He barked orders at Macie, who jumped up and down happily when she saw me, waving like a maniac before carrying out her manager's orders.

Elijah left the counter to crush me in a tight hug. "I am going to miss you so much, my darling barista! You were so fabulous all these years! Now who am I going to talk to about the newest Vogue magazines?"

I laughed as Elijah set me down. "Archer will listen. He'll punch you in the face but he'll listen."

"Honey, I need this face perfect and unflawed if I'm going to get any guys to have interest in me," Elijah joked. Then his face grew somber and his blue eyes softened considerably into a familiar gaze. I would miss my cousin so much.

"You're not even saying anything and I'm about to cry," Elijah suddenly choked. Sure enough, fat droplets of tears began rolling off his face and he backed away, palm to his mouth as he tried not to look at me. "Don't look at me, I'm hideous," he hiccuped, daintily wiping the tear drops from his face. He sniffled.

"And Alec, how can this be? We've only just met!" Elijah surged forward to crush Alec's ribs into pieces with a loud, heart-breaking sob. Needless to say, heads turned.

"Eli, you're attracting attention," I muttered.
Elijah let go of Alec, even more tears present on his face. "You two were my best workers."
"Hey!" Macie yelled from the storage cabinet. That girl had amazing ears, I gotta say. 
Elijah excused himself to get back to work after reminding to give my family his love.