Wake Me Up

Main character's face is now TINASHE!

'When can I meet your family?' Willow asked as they took a stroll down the streets where all the fancy boutiques were lined up. Shawn was carrying several bags and their hands were interlaced.  'When you meet them... My adoptive parents will be a bit worried seeing as you are older than me. Now my other family... Yeah, I don't know.' She really wanted to tell him that he could be welcomed from both sides but he had seen their welcome wagon first hand.

'I'm not scared.'

'You will be.'

Shawn pointed to the ice cream vendor seeing as it was getting hot and they had been moving around for about two hours.

They paid for their ice cream, found a place to sit, and started talking about random stuff. Shawn had gotten really comfortable with Willow and she felt like they were probably more serious than any of her past relationships.

'Do you have experience with business?'

'Why?'

'Because I'm taking over my dad's company."

"And...."

"And I'd like to know that if I ever needed your help then I could have it." Shawn knew how she could be when she didn't have the proper support. She got psycho and made a big deal about everything. "Plus my dad thinks that when I get married, my husband or wife should know a little about my business."

"So you thinking about marriage?", Willow asked.

"Not with you if you getting any ideas." Shawn joked.

Her dark skinned friend feigned hurt as he clutched his hand to his chest. She just continued to eat her ice cream as if she was dead ass serious. Then she got up and walked off.

"You were just playing right?" He caught up to her.

Shawn didn't stop until they were at the crosswalk. She looked up to the sky and then back down to the pavement. Willow was beginning to worry that he wasn't as important to Shawn as he thought.

"I was more than playing. But.... I am serious about the business and support. Those are big things in my life."

"What else is big in your life?"

"If I told you that, then you'd get jealous."

"I already am."

They both laughed as they finally crossed the street to get to Willow's car.

--

Shawn pointed at the mirrors and did a sexy little walk before turning around and making her hair whip around.

"This is a dance rehearsal not a goddamn pageant!" Cookie called out.

"It's a dry run, Mom. Not the finished product." Jamal explained as he watched his sister dance around all crazy. She looked like she was having fun.

"Yeah, Mommy! Lighten up!" Shawn did a pirouette and slipped down to the splits with a huge grin on her face.

"Why are you in such a good mood?", Jamal asked with his brow raised. His sister shook her head but kept a huge grin on her face.

Willow must really be making a great impression on her life.

"If you must know.... I'm thinking about sleeping with this guy I know."

"Just thinking?", Jamal's brow had yet to go down as he looked Shawn up and down. "Or already had a taster and liked it? I know how you get down, you little nasty."

Cookie looked up from her phone and snapped at the two as she walked over. She got Shawn to back off and started hissing in Jamal's ear about something. But then she turned her eyes to the young girl and Shawn huffed in annoyance.

Her good mood was broken as she sat on the middle of the floor and waited for Cookie to give her further instructions.

"You have to get ready."

"I was born ready."

"You ain't ready for this. Never get caught slipping. It's not a good look."

Porsche walked in eating hot wings and Shawn's butt flew off the floor as she nearly tackled the woman trying to get a wing.

"Hey! Damn, watch out!", Porsche grumbled as she tried to keep her food out of the female Lyon's hands. "I only bought enough for one!", the woman wore her hair in braids today so when Shawn tugged on them just a little, she immediately handed over a wing.

"So rude...."