Two Halves

Okay, I'm sorry but I have no type of lyricism at all so when I post a video. It is a portrayal of my character and her singing. Don't judge me!!! :P

The first one is I Wish You Loved Me! By Tynisha Keli...

Her eyes raised to the microphone. It was her time to show what she was fully capable of. It may not be Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston worthy but it was still something. She imagined how she felt when she saw the hatred in Lucious's eyes.

'Something, something as simple as me hearing your name...' Shawn started softly as she listened to the melody before raising her voice higher and higher.

The feeling was too amazing. Her will to show how powerful her voice could be pulled her into another world. She felt powerful, fearless, something that was new to her.

Cookie was cheering from the outside with her new probationary assistant, Porscha. The tall girl had been smiling hard while chewing her gum now she shut her mouth as a certain light skinned diva walked in.

'What's new, Boo Boo Kitty?' Cookie sneered. Anika just smirked at the woman while she flashed her engagement ring. 'What isn't new, Cookie?' The evil hag had the nerve to touch Cookie's shirt like it wasn't made from the same threads as her 'Prada' skirt.

Porscha instigated with her loud whoop. Cookie gave her a glare and pointed to the door making the tall ghetto girl mumble at how rudely she was being shoved aside. Anika just chuckled softly while shaking her head.

The music stopped bringing both women to focus. They watched Shawn close her eyes for a couple of seconds and then open them with determination.

As she exited the studio booth, her mother hugged her tightly. Anika had a sour look on her face as they played back the track. It was good, but it wasn't great. But it was a start, something to put Shawn on the map.

'I see... Does Lucious know you've pimped out your daughter as well?' Anika looked sarcastic as she spoke. Cookie pursed her lips for a second before shaking her head with a soft laugh.

'You really are cute, Boo Boo Kitty. I don't care if Lucious knew half the stuff that I knew. You know why? If he knows then I've saved some breaths. So go, waste your time and your breath to tell that cold hearted bastard how his daughter is doing.'

Cookie handed Shawn her jacket and purse as she grabbed her own. This was not the time to drag that whore across the floor. She needed to learn how cold Lucious was on her own. Being in love, didn't mean you could be blind to what you obviously can see clearly.

--

Shawn went back home as Cookie planned on how to release the single and if she wanted Shawn to create her own album. It was a plus that the girl already had musical talent and some of her own songs that fit her style and personality perfectly. She had the raw talent now she needed the confidence, appearance, and intellegence to grow in this business.

'Shawn, what took you so long? I thought you had forgot about Mama.' Sharon sighed as she wrapped her arms around her daughter. It felt so amazing to have her back. 'I never really left. You shouldn't worry so much... It's my last year in high school and I have some exciting news.' Shawn started off.

Sharon raised an eyebrow at the teen girl, ready to listen or reprimand.

'I'm going to be a musical artist at Empire. The family business that my other family owns.' Shawn went slowly as she knew her mother could b a bit melodramatic when she wanted to be.

This time Sharon could only stare at her daughter like she was some stranger. Shawn now raised her own eyebrow and felt sort of out of place. The moment was broken up by her father's loud call.

Antonio soon walked out with Christian, Shawn's boyfriend, they were smiling and chatting with each other. He turned to face his wife and daughter but stopped in his tracks when he saw his wife's face. Before he could say anything, Sharon stormed off into the house with no regard to him calling her.

Shawn just threw her hands in the air before heading around the side of the house where a huge oak tree sat. She usually went their to swing on the makeshift swing that had been made on the tallest, sturdiest branch.

'You take her and I'll go see what's up with my wife. Don't upset her anymore or you might want to cover yourself.' Antonio warned seriously even as Christian laughed.

Christian crept up to the silently fuming girl. She ran her fingers through her hair more times than he could count. Shawn was a reasonable person but not when she was upset.

'Are you feeling well? Do you want some company?' Christian slowly stepped into Shawn's personal space.

She shrugged nonchalantly while her eyes watched a small bird and its family. The feelings were the worse. They meant she was alive and real and her pain was real.

What would you do if you have a family that loves you and you want to go back to your true family? Who could be considered your true family when you were so confused? Can this split in your heart every return to normal?

'The hardest thing about choosing is that you question your decision.' She whispered as tears slowly descended.

A drop of rain plopped on her nose and she turned her face to the sky. Christian looked up in wonder. When the thunder sounded, he quickly grabbed Shawn's arm.

She just wanted to enjoy life with both of her families.

How could she live without one half of herself?