Family Meetings

Everyone considered family from Cookie to Shawn was invited to a dinner at Lucious's home. They were served a fancy dish that Shawn could have sworn was appreciated by Kings & Queens. Her family had spoiled her that well.

'Don't do that!' Tiana squealed as Shawn ran her hands along the girl's skirt. They had run off into a sitting room a while ago. 'This is your father's house. He owns the company that I'm signed to.'

Shawn ran a hand through her hair before shrugging. Like she could give two damns about who Lucious thought he had a leash on. She wasn't one of them.

Jamal slipped into the room with Christian at his side. That couple was something to see. Jamal, obviously, being the more active participant and Christian trying something new.

'Y'all nasty. Can't keep your hands off each other for nothing? Do you know where Hakeem went? Dad's been trying to get him to come over but...' Jamal stressed as he tried to ease the tension between Shawn and Christian.

Shawn raised a brow at her ex looking like he wanted to run and hide. She was comfortable where she was. No need for fake apologies or for them to act like they weren't hugging up on other people.

'Chrisssss-tiannnn, how are you darling?' Shawn teased as she flipped her hair over a shoulder and gestured for him to sit down. The boy practically paled at her elongation of his name. 'Stop it, Shawn. He's trying to get used to being public and you are making him feel bad.'

Jamal gave her a pointed look that said 'Stop or else'. She rolled her eyes and pouted. He was no fun.

'First of all, this is my girl. I can't hug, kiss, and fuck her whenever I feel like it. Second, Hakeem's pissed at Dad about the Camille bullshit. He went to blow off steam. Where's Andre and his wife?'

'Probably scheming up a storm...'

'She looks like a shady bitch. Not even after thirty minutes of seeing her, I knew. My mother always taught me how to look for snakes in the garden.' Shawn had caught a vibe off Rhonda that wasn't pleasant or friendly.

The bitch was sneaky.

Well, swiper no swiping.

'Can you call him, please? You know how reckless he gets. And Andre left with Rhonda to do God knows what for Dad.' Jamal rang the bell on the table near him signalling one of the maids to come and assist them. 'Can we have some drinks brought in? Nothing to hard, please?' Shawn leaned forward.

She felt like this party did need a bit of turning up. Not since her birthday had Shawn gone out with any of her girls. Keyla was somewhere shacking up and Angeline was supposedly off to college.

'Well shit, turn up then!' Shawn yelled as they got their drinks and clinked glasses together.

Neither knowing that Hakeem had set foot in the Snake's Pit and was taking the Apple offered from Eve.

Kinda cryptic, but the message is there.