Chapter 1 Clarke

Clarke stared into the star-filled Sky hoping she'd been picked for the experiment. After all, her mother was on the Ark council and would probably do something for her. She was so sick of staring at the darkness of space, she wanted to go to earth...the place of dreams. Ever since she found out the Ark was sending out 100 teenagers to the ground she tried to find anyway possible to get on the dropship to earth. She was almost 19 and was sick of eating protein packets and seaweed, she wanted to breathe real air and drink fresh mountain water. Ever since Clarke was little she dreamt about going to earth and feeling the sun on her pale face. But now, she was stuck in the skybox, the Ark's prison for delinquents. "Six more months...I could have finished" she muttered to herself. Clarke recently started a course in the medical field like her mother had. She was so close to becoming a doctor, a person who helped people from their misery here in the Ark. "Ding" her cell door opened and in came the chancellor and two guards standing beside him. One had a metal wristband in their hand. "What is this?" She asked....she knew what it was, this was her execution, her chance at getting to earth failed. "Goodbye" she mumbled as waiting for her death to come. In surprise she was just cuffed by the metal wristband "you are sent on a mission, to see the earth and the geography, to see if it is survivable". Clarke couldn't believe what she had heard, she was going to earth.