Emotion Progress 22: Common

Start from the beginning

"Be quiet idiot! Why do you have to get beat up on Sasuke's behalf?!" 

"Shut up. It's my choice." 

"But....when I met Sasuke, it almost felt like a new light, a new goal, gave me meaning. He had somewhat understood the darkness I was in and over time we grew a bond. A bond I'm not willing to let go of. That's...the kind of bond I want with you, Rin," Naruto's sincere voice echoed in her head from the day they stood under the rain.

Rin's fists clenched tighter. "Sasuke....he's your precious friend right? But yet he continues to hurt you. That's no friend that you should put your life on the line for. "

"........"

"I don't care what darkness you carry, I'll carry it with you. It doesn't matter who or what you were in the past. You're a ninja of the hidden Leaf and a comrade to me. That's what being a Ninja of the Hidden leaf means.....so...stop calling yourself a monster and running away...."

Rin clenched her teeth. "You're such a hypocrite." 

Without her own consent her sword began glowing a black hue and soon it surrounded her. The darkness soon grew into a shape of a unfamiliar beast with white eyes and a twisted, disgusting smirk that looked to be consuming Rin.

Her hair that was in a short ponytail came out and was flying around. Omoi couldn't believe his eyes. Karui and him both felt fear run in their veins as they looked into Rin's glowing eyes.

"You still have some fight in you right? Come. I'll give you a fight you can't return from." 

Despite her fear, Karui pushed away from her brother. Her stubbornness getting the best of her. "Ah. Bring it monster!" She was about to run forward when Omoi came behind and grabbed her back. 

"Oi Karui do you even realize who you're challenging! There's no point in beating him up anymore!" He shouted. 

"Naruto!" Sai gasped. Rin suddenly snapped out of her blood thirsty trance. She placed her hand on her right eye and forcefully pushed back the darkness into the sword. When she was finished she turned back to Naruto, ignoring Omoi's and Karui's argument.