Chapter 28

*Emily's P.O.V.*

I was sitting on the floor with my back against the wall exhausted from all the fighting and escape attempts I've been doing. I've spent three days in this room and these people didn't show any recognition of letting me go. The worst part of it all was not knowing what happened to Jacob. I sighed trying not to think of the worst. The door squeaked open and in came a boy with a blue mask and some black looking liquid coming from his eyeholes, he placed a plate of food and a water bottle on the nightstand next to the bed and turned towards me.
"Can you please just tell me if Jacob is okay?" I pleaded weakly but got no answer just an uncomfortable stare from the masked stranger. He began to leave the room but stopped at the door with it half open.
"He's okay." The boys deep hoarse voice spoke the most uplifting two words. I could feel my heart beat faster at the thought of him being okay and coming for me.
"He's okay." I repeated to myself just for the simple reminder. I spent the rest of my time doing nothing but drawing and writing. I was lying in the dark suspended from sleep by my thoughts.
"Why did this have to happen to me?" I sorrowfully asked myself. My eyes started to tear up making my anxiety and depression worse than it already was. The door clicked and started to creak open again and cocked my head to see who would enter but to my surprise no one did. Out of the darkness a note slid in that had one word written on it "LEAVE" without hesitation I made my way to the door following a line of torn ribbons which led me to some stairs leading off into two big doors which was slightly peeked open. I practically ran down the stairs and pushed the door open feeling the cool night air on my skin. Without any regard to the door I made a sprint across the grounds and into the tree lining. I ran as fast as I could and as far as my legs could carry me. I could begin to see the sun rise, my lungs burned and my legs ached but all I could really worry about was getting home. I finally ran through some bushes and crashed to the ground finding myself in a backyard. I weakly picked myself up and limped to the street out front and tried to familiarise myself with the streets.
"Hey do you need some help?" A dark haired woman pulled up to me in her car.
"Home." Was all I could muster my aching body to say.
"Where do you live I'll take you there." She offered. I shook my head refusing her and more importantly not wanting to trust anyone and kept walking. I eventually found my way to the park feeling tired and broken I sat on the swings replacing the pain with a subtle relaxation.
"Almost there, almost home, almost safe." I reminded myself over and over again. I started to walk again after a five minute break and found myself in a familiar territory I was only two blocks away from my house and I could see it. A huge smile plastered to my face as I ignored my aching limbs and made a run for my front door and barged in to the delicious smell of cooked food.
"Dad did you forget something again?" Ashley asked from the kitchen. I made my way towards her voice excited to see her face.
"Dad is that you?" She called out again until she turned around.
"Emily?" She asked with a saddened shock on her face, she slowly reached for me and grabbed my shoulder pulling me into a hug making us both cry like children.
"The police told us you were dead." She informed me through sobs. She stepped back and checked me seeing all the filth on me and dried up blood.
"Are you hurt?" She asked concern.
"No but I feel hungry, tired, and gross." I answered back disregarding the possibly reopened knife wound in my side.
"I- I've made breakfast you should eat, then shower, and then sleep. Mom and Dad are both at work but I will call them in a minute and let them know your home." She made my plate and sat me down. I ate my food quickly starving like a stray animal earning another saddened look from my sister. After I was finished I went up to my room gathered clean clothes and before heading to the bathroom. I stripped off the dirty clothes from my body revealing the bandages wrapped around my body, I cut them off and hopped in under the warm water flow letting it envelope me. After I showered I found the first aid kit and bandaged my side up again before getting dressed. I walked into my room and fell into my bed letting its softness take me into a deep happy slumber.

- there's another chapter for you I'm in school right now and I'll send this update in when I'm out I hope you guys like it please comment, vote, and/or share this story with your friends I would love for this story to get more views and more attention and thank you to those who have been reading so far you guys are amazing and anytime someone wants to chat I'm up for one I'll always answer back on here and if you wanna kik me my name is soulless42 hehe duh until next time keep smiling my friends :) -