Chapter 5

@snowflakelove1616 for all the amazing comments and votes. Thank you hun! And go check out her story.

Mya's POV

It was my first time doing a photo shoot with all my clothing on. I had on blue ripped skinny jeans with a 'Blessed' necklace hanging around my neck. A camouflage V-neck clung to my torso and I had Timberland heels on my feet

"Mya give me a bigger smile!" The photographer yelled and I did as he told but it was no where near my best work. Since Kayla and Desmond had began talking I started ignoring Desmond. Childish, I know but I had no idea what came over me. But now I was regretting it. I was having a withdrawal from not seeing my baby Jazmine.

"Mya concentrate!" The photographer yelled slicing my daydreams of Jazmine in half. I struck another pose but ditched my form completely when I saw a familiar bundle of curly hair. A real smile fell to my face and I called over to Desmond. He turned and smiled and I returned it. He placed Jazmine on the floor and I made a few jesters hoping to get her to crawl for me and she did. The smile on my face was definitely not coming off now. She crawled right in front of me before sitting on her knees and raising her hands. I lifted her and placed a kiss on her forehead before spinning around with her.

"I'm going to need a break" The photographer waved me off obviously more interested on what had popped up on his computer and I headed to the side to grab one of her favorite toys. She played with it happily and I turned around to meet the gaze of the one and only Desmond Harter.

"What made you guys stop by?"

"We missed you" Like I had said before, the smile was definitely not going to drop. He took Jazmine from me so he could give her one of her baby mum mum's.

"Well I'm glad you two dropped by"

"Why were you ignoring me?" He asked and I pulled in my lips not knowing what to say. Tell him I was jealous of my best friend for a reason I still wasn't sure of. I opened my mouth to give him a smart-ass response to get him to forget about the question but fortunately my manager tapped my shoulder.

"Have you seen the shots?"

"No and I'm sorry. I know I wasn't on my game today"

"What are you talking about? The pictures are amazing"

"What?"

"Especially the ones with you and the baby! It is just beautiful" She ranted but I was confused. I headed over to where they developed the photos we took and peered over the photographers shoulder. There on the screen were two photos. One of me smiling but you could tell I didn't want to be there and the second one of me holding Jazmine with a smile that reached my eyes. Not only was I smiling but Jazmine was smiling too with her few teeth showing clearly.

"Can you send this photo to me?"

"Yeah of course but it will look better on the cover of 'Be True To You'. Can you imagine the headline 'Victoria secret model and her mystery baby'"

"What do you mean?"

"Your manager approved this photo for the cover" I pinched the bridge of my nose to calm myself down before heading to where my manager and Desmond were chatting.

"Are you serious Joan?"

"What. Do you not like the photos?"

"I've told you a million times Jazmine isn't my daughter"

"But if yo-"

"Jazmine isn't my daughter" she pouted and Desmond looked between us confused

"What's going on?"

"Joan wants me to pose as Jazmine's mother because for the last few weeks 'Drama Central' has been dragging my name through the dirt saying I have life easy" He nodded in understanding

"Then play as Jazmine's mother"

"What?"

"You act like it anyways, this would just be putting a title to what you do" I looked down at Jazmine in his arms and she was smiling blowing bubbles.

"But Desmond" I tried but he cut me off

"I'm serious it's cool just don't write me off as no dead beat dad" he joked and I couldn't help but smile

"We won't, Thank you Desmond" My manager spoke for me before beginning to type away at her phone. "Now to advertise you two we'll need you to go on a date"

"What!"

"That's fine unless Mya can't handle all this sexiness" He spoke with cockiness booming from his voice as he gave me his challenging look

"You ain't all that" I replied lying through my teeth and he had a look of disbelief fall onto his face but he wasn't going to win this argument

"Mhm alright, if that helps you fall asleep at night" he blew me a kiss and I rolled my eyes before pretending to catch it

"Awe you two are too cute! Can we get some shots of all three of you?"

"I'm going on lunch"

"But..."

"Girl, I am tired"

"Alright fine, i'll handle it here. You have an hour" I nodded and took Desmond's hand. I lead him outside and drown the street to one of my favorite restaurants. We entered 'Mamas's' and the smell of BBQ hit me hard. I felt myself starting to drool so I quickly headed to a booth. A waitress came to our table and I immediately recognized her.

"Janet?"

"Mya! How long has it been?"

"A while"

"And who's this?" She asked with a big grin

"Desmond this is Janet, Janet this is Desmond"

"Nice to meet you" he told her with a smile before whispering in my ear "I'll be right back" he picked up Jazmine and headed to the bathroom and Janet quickly slid into the booth.

"He's cute. Good choice, I approve"

"Thank you but he's just a friend" I told her as I flipped through their menu.

"Okay, if you say so but if I were you I would snatch him up quick before someone comes and does it before you do" For some reason Kayla came to mind and I had to remember to call her later and let her know about the arrangement Desmond and I had made.

"I know what i'm doing but can i get some of Mama's mashed potatos and signature chicken"

"Alright and him too?"

"Yeah I guess so" She nodded and wrote down the order before leaving me to think. I didn't have feelings for Desmond. Even if I did, it would be way to early to know for sure.

"Sorry for the delay" he told me as he and Jazmine came back

"It's okay I ordered us the mash potatoes, is that okay?"

"That's fine" he stared at me with an unknown emotion in his eyes and nervously I looked down and played with my finger but I still felt his gaze on me.

"Why are you staring?"

"Because I see something worth staring at" Yup not falling for him will be a piece of cake....