Bad Influence

12 years old

Noah giggled as he hid behind a cave wall. His ears perked, he listened to the white and black wolf on the other side taking careful steps as if to not alert him but Noah knew the wolf was near. Noah crouched low, his tail wagging excitedly in the air as he waited patiently for the white and black wolf to round the corner where he'd pounce and surprise the older wolf.

The wolf was near. He knew that; he could feel the wolf's presence almost as if it were near him. Suddenly, two furry black arms came to wrap around his tiny body lifting him off the ground causing him to squeak in surprise and leaving him to hover in mid-air.

"Gotcha!" Fang cheered as he lifted his baby brother high in the air. "Did you really think you could hide from me, you little rascal?" the white and black werewolf teased turning his baby brother his arms and holding him up high. Noah just blew a raspberry at his brother causing the bigger werewolf to laugh.

"Hey, if you be good I'll take you outside by the stream." Fang bribed. Truth is, a lot has changed with him personally yet his father refuses to see it. In the last two years, he's really shown that he's no ordinary sub; ever defiant when it comes to authority and so it worries Felix. Fang actually really wanted to leave the cave but his father absolutely forbid it even though it was broad daylight, the borders were protected thick twenty-four seven and the stream was literally twenty feet away from the cave mouth. He'd figured if he used his brother as an excuse, he'd get to go...and he'd drag Felix's lazy butt with him.

Noah kicked his legs in excitement at the thought of finally being out of the cave in the whole week. Fang brought his brother down to his eye level and held him close. "How about we go beg mom and dad?" Noah giggled waving his paws like a mad wolf in approval causing Fang to laugh. "That's my boy."

Noah ran ahead back to their room to get Felix as his brother's twin had suggested. The dominant boy lay on his back his feet propped up on the wall. Noah ran and jumped onto his eldest sibling momentarily knocking the air out of his lungs. Noah just laughed at his brother's reaction.

"Hey, we're gonna bribe mom and dad to let us go by the stream. What do you say?" Felix thought of it for a second. It didn't seem like a bad idea. He knew more about the rogue problem than his twin enough to know that the borders were well protected and exactly how protected it was now. That was the major issue that transpired over the past number of weeks. Rogues had been trespassing into their territory like mad and some even had the audacity to come within a mile of the cave. About three weeks back, some of them attacked killing a few of the omegas even one that was supposed to be the future mate of a dominant from another pack. About three middle ranks were killed. The dominants and Jack had managed to get most of them but one managed to escape.

Ever since then, the remaining omega had been moved to the back of the cave were they'd be protected. The foyer was off limits unless it was the hunting party getting ready to go find food or the pack was welcoming another visiting pack. Felix, Fang and Noah were thrown into their room and instructed never to go within ten yards of the main foyer. So they were dead bored. But now that there were regular patrols, it shouldn't be that bad.

Ever since the attack happened, Jack had rallied surrounding packs to hunt down any rogues they find. The alpha seemed sure that the rogues were planning something; like they were gathering every rogue they could find to take down the most powerful packs within the area and Mount Peak was on their list.

"Okay." The dominant boy simply said shrugging his shoulders. "Anything's better than being cooped up in here like prisoners." Felix grumbled getting to his feet. Noah whooped in excitement and ran out the room heading in the direction of the main hall. The twins followed. When they finally arrived, Felix leaned closer to his twin as he watched their brother literally dive into their father's lap.