Alpha Rogue

19 years old; one year later

It had been a whole year since Noah last saw his brother. It was like he'd vanished. Finally; he understood what the words 'rogue' and 'exile' meant. Though some say Fang deserved what he got; their father said it was for the best. He still didn't know the full story of what happened. Granted; he was only nine and his family said he was still too little to hear about that.

Perhaps one day when he was older, they would finally tell; but he couldn't wait. He was desperate to see his brother. Things at home just weren't the same anymore.

Felix had taken the alpha throne but he wasn't the same brother he once knew. He was cold and mean...to everyone else at least but he could never seem to use a harsh word when speaking to Noah.

Ellie had been in a constant state of depression which was wearing down her health. She looked older than she really was. Fang's becoming rogue had really taken its toll on her but perhaps, the former Mount Peak alpha had been affected in the worse way. Felix seemed to be growing impatient with his father but at the same time; his worry increased. The former alpha had been slowly losing his mind. He spoke to himself at times often wondering about what would happen if he'd done that differently then surely Fang would still be with them.

Even still; he tried to pull through and contribute to the pack.

Noah trotted through the greenery around him knowing fully well it may be a few minutes before a howl split through the silence of the forest. It was the fifth time he'd run away from home in the last year in an attempt to find his brother. He knew he still wasn't strong or big enough to fight another wolf but if he kept his head down and was cautious; he might succeed this time...or get killed.

If only he could just see his brother once then everything would be alright. He missed Fang so much words or actions couldn't begin to explain it. If he screamed at the top of his lungs, it still wouldn't ease the pain in his heart.

A smile made its way onto his face as he heard the first howl. It was Felix's and the alpha had realized his brother was missing. Noah was surprised it took him this long to realize it...then again, they were entertaining members of the Roxborough City Pack.

That was another reason Noah was so desperate to find his brother. The alpha knew his brothers and had asked after Fang but seemed to become saddened when he heard Fang had gone rogue. Apparently; the Roxborough alpha had been fond of his brother. Then again; why wouldn't he? Fang was the best ever.

**********

"What were you thinking Noah? You need to stop running off like that." Felix tried scolding his baby brother. He tried simply because Noah seemed to be the one person he couldn't be cross with.

Noah didn't meet his alpha's gaze. He didn't like it when his brother was mad at him. "I-I'm sorry. I just wanted to see Fang."

Felix expelled a breath. "I know buddy. I miss him too; but that doesn't give you the right to run off and scare me half to death. I already lost one brother; I don't need to lose you too."

"Yes alpha; I'm sorry." Noah replied softly then looked up to find his brother giving him an unimpressed look.

"I'm your brother Noah; so stop calling me alpha."

"Yes, Felix." The smaller wolf reiterated. Felix nodded marking the end of his attempt at scolding Noah and motioned to the entrance. Noah then left and wandered to the hot pools. Sure, he may have apologized but it surely wouldn't be the last time he would run away. He wouldn't stop until he found his brother.