Finders Keepers

No one will ever understand how incredibly lonely I feel as I find myself waking up from yet another hazy recovery of booze and ecstasy. It’s true, I always never find the time to explain or even show it because, what’s the point if no one ever listens?

“Bay, Matt’s here” Cassie nudged my side as I rolled to the side of the bed and fell with a groan and a hiss as my head started to slowly throb from the painful headache, “do you want me to tell him you don’t feel too well?” I groaned again but I got up, rubbing the side of my head and walked towards the door to let him in.

“Goodmor- what happened?” I had trouble adjusting to the sight in front of me because my vision was still a bit blurry, “what time did you get home last night?” Matt asked as he made his way inside, Aria following.

“Uh, I’m not even sure how I got to the bed” I followed them to the kitchen and sat down on the chair, my hands still on my head.

“What did you do last night?” Aria came over to me and sat on my lap and handed me a glass of water.

I looked her straight in the eye, “to be honest, I really have no idea” and I heard a snort coming from across the room that belonged to Matt

“Don’t be silly, we went to a party, Aria, now if you could mind your own business, I’d really appreciate that” Matt was already sat on the desk chair going through the laptop that Cassie and I shared.

“Well, whatever it was, you look like hell, Bay” I smiled weakly at her and she ran her thumb underneath my eyes to wipe the smeared eyeliner. I thanked her quietly and gave her a kiss on the forehead before getting up and going to the bathroom, announcing that I was going to take a shower.

“I still don’t understand how you don’t know about them” I opened the bathroom door to let the steam out and heard Aria talk to Cassie, “everyone knows them”

“Well, not me, ok? I don’t like whatever that is” she laughed a little and went back to sit next to Matt, “Bay, I put the clean clothes on your side of the bed”

“Thanks, are we doing anything today?” I made my way across the room, “what am I getting dressed for?” and Matt looked up at me with a smug grin on his face before winking at me but I responded with a snort before closing the bedroom door.

“You want to go shopping?” Aria was standing outside the door as I was putting on my jeans, jumping up and down trying to get them on, “wow, never thought I’d ever see you doing that” she laughed a little louder than I was expecting her too and that brought attention

“Thanks kid” I said sarcastically as Matt appeared next to her at the door, “Matt? Wanna go shopping?” I asked as I put on my black V-neck, I really wasn’t in the mood for fashion advice from Cassie.

“I think I’m going to head back home, I’ll get Preston to pick you up”

“Ew, no, I don’t want dad to pick us up from Victoria’s Secret. We’ll walk” Aria was determined to avoid Preston picking us up, which was quiet an amusing argument as Matt was trying to negotiate with her because he didn’t want us walking alone.