Chapter 19 - When reality hits you

Comenzar desde el principio

Luckily, daddy offered León a place to stay so he wouldn't go away from his real life and friends. I'm glad he finally understood that, even if I had to be his lab rat for him find that out. I wonder how León is feeling about all of this. His life has been through many plot twists and not the best ones. I feel sorry for him and I will support him in this difficult phase of his life. That's what friends are about... right?

Oh, friends... What kind of friends are we? Friends that when their hearts tells them to kiss, they do it? This sounds awful but it's how I feel. It's confusing. It's weird. It's weird the funny feeling in my stomach when he holds my hand, when we hugged or kissed. I see he cares about me, I can tell from the look in his eyes. Also, recalling Andrés' speech about how much León changed, makes me blush. He changed only because he heard I was moving to here. So, why am I afraid? More, I'm afraid of what exactly? I don't even know. Is it... to be together with him? I don't know how am I going to deal with this situation... him next door for 24/7...

Mommy, help me through my first and hopefully only love. I might be scared but I want to be beside him everyday of my forthcoming life. That much I know.

I put my diary and pen away and sighed. I'm young. Life... love shouldn't be that hard, at least for young people. How the hell was I supposed to go through all of those feelings constantly rushing inside my head? Still a long way to go. I laid back and closed my eyes.

*******

I woke up with a delicious smell. Would it be eggs? I didn't know but I had to get up to find out. I rushed into the kitchen to see my dad cooking breakfast and, indeed, it was eggs with bacon.

- Morning, dad. - I said as he turned around to look at me and hug me.

- Morning, honey.

- Why are you making breakfast and not Olga?

- Oh, she left early to the grocery and said that she wouldn't come back before lunch time. You know her. - He explained while putting the eggs on two plates. - Can you please call León?

I nodded and went upstairs. I knocked gently on the door and heard the blankets move.

- Yes? - His morning voice called.

- It's Violetta.

- Come in.

I slipped through the open door and saw him with sleepy eyes and total messed up hair. I smiled and he laid back again on his bed with a tired moan.

- Come on, sleeping beauty, breakfast's done. - I played with him.

I got nearer his bed and pulled him by his hand but he was stronger than I could bare so I was the one that got pulled. I landed with my head on his tummy and we laughed. He looked at me and we smiled.

- We better go or my dad will come here and get angry. - I said, getting up but he pulled me close to him again, this time face to face. I lost breath.

- Let's go. - He said, realizing what was happening.

We both got up and rushed downstairs just in time. My dad was setting the table.

- Good morning, Germán. - León said.

- Good morning. - Dad replied, with a smile. - Did you sleep well?

- Yes, thank you.

We ate and then I left them to go have a shower. I dressed up and did my usual morning routine. When I went downstairs I found my dad sitting on the couch with his tablet.