-Chapter Eleven- The Not-So-Lonely Orphan

Start from the beginning

At ten to one; Angel and Bella walked over to number four. Petunia Dursley was in the garden; seemingly waiting for them. She had an apron on over her flowery tea dress and was watching them approach the gate. She beckoned her husband over to come greet Mrs Figg and Angel. Vernon Dursley plodded over to the gate. He took Angel's bag from her; normally he wouldn't be too happy about having a youth whom he didn't know much about stay in his home but he made an exception this time as Mrs Figg had always looked after his nuisance of a nephew. She had also sounded very desperate on the phone to his wife; she had some sort of court appearance that she was witness for and what with a family bereavement she hadn't wanted to leave the girl alone. He didn't mind so much as the girl smiled at him politely after hugging her aunt goodbye and greeted his wife in a modest hug, it helped that Dudley considered her a friend too.

Dudley came bounding down the stairs once he saw that Angel had arrived at his house. His mother and father watched as he ran up to his friend and enveloped her into a huge, bone-crushing hug, his parents' faces beamed of unwavering pride.

"Little E! You're here! I have so much to tell you. You remember Grace? I asked her out. She said yes! Come on I'll show you to your room, you're going to have to stay in Harry's room as the guest bedroom is being repainted. You don't mind do you?" Dudley said excitedly, finally putting Angel down and grabbing her bag from his father. He took Angel's hand and practically dragged her upstairs.

"No, I don't mind at all." Angel replied. She was having a hard time keeping up with Dudley's pace and almost slipped on the stairs. "Thank you for having me here Petunia, Vernon, it is very kind of you." She called down the stairs; she could see them looking at her with smiles on their faces just before she was pulled into the room that was Harry's.

"Mum and Dad still don't know about you being a little witch," Dudley whispered, "they didn't want you to ask any funny questions about Harry's room but I said that you wouldn't. See what I mean?" He pointed to the wall next to Harry's bed. There was sketches of Hedwig along with red and gold flags on the wall; the words 'Gryffindor' on all of them. Angel remembered reading the name in Hogwarts: A History. She knew that Gryffindor was one of the houses; so easily came to the conclusion that Harry was in that house. She smiled as she looked around the room. It looked like a normal teenager's room but with subtle hints of said teenager being a wizard. She sat down on Harry's bed; which let out a small groan at the weight, she giggled.

"I won't ask any questions Dudders. I already know the answers," She smiled at Dudley. He was looking at her in a strange way. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked him, furrowing her brow.

"Are you feeling okay? You look....well...different...you don't look like your normal self. Has something happened?" Dudley asked. He looked confused. Angel knew that she had dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep; she probably still looked a bit dishevelled after rushing earlier. She hadn't thought that Dudley would have noticed; he was much more attentive than she had considered him to be.

"I'm okay...at least I will be. I didn't want to say anything but...um...my dad died a few days ago...a few hours after I left the party actually." Angel choked; it had hurt more admitting it out loud. She looked up at Dudley, her dark eyes brimming with tears. He looked shocked but moved next her to sit on Harry's bed. He wrapped his arms around her tiny frame and she rested her head on his large shoulder. He didn't say anything else; to which Angel was grateful. He rubbed her back, which she found comforting. He didn't seem to mind that his jersey top was getting wet from all of her tears as she cried in him arms. When she had finally managed calm herself down Dudley left the room for a second, he came back with some tissue and wiped Angel's face.