A Little Fall of Rain

Chapter 17

Luna fell asleep next to Ethan when they were watching TV. Ethan fell asleep also. But at 11:00, on the dot, Luna woke up. She woke up and walked into the closest bathroom. Ethan woke up too. He looked over and saw Luna walking towards the bathroom. He didn't think anything of it. He then saw her put her hand up to the mirror. Now Ethan got scared and went after her. He saw her go into the mirror. He tried to grab her, but it was too late.

What just happened?, Ethan thought. That did not just happen. Did it?

Ethan walked up to the mirror where she disappeared into. He put his hand up to it. He didn't go through, he didn't even get a vision. He then just lost it and started yelling into the mirror. “Luna! Can you hear me? Where did you go?” Ethan yelled like a crazy person.

There then was a knock at the door. Ethan went to go answer it. He opened it and saw Benny standing there. “Benny? What are you doing here?” Ethan asked.

“Well, I was going over to Luna's house, but she wasn't there,” Benny said crossing his arms and tapping his foot. “Care to explain that?”

“Benny, she was here but she...”

“She was here? What do you mean she was here?” Benny asked.

“Well, if you had given me time to explain...”

“I told you to tell me where she is! Now where is she?” Benny asked angrily.

Ethan sighed. “Just give me time too...”

“Tell me where she is!” Benny yelled at him.

“Just give me a...”

“I said tell me!”

“I don't know!” Ethan yelled at him.

Benny opened his mouth to yell some more, but he closed it. He then looked at Ethan with concerned eyes. “What do you mean you don't know?” Benny asked with sadness in his voice.

“I don't know,” Ethan told him. “I saw her go through the mirror.”

“Through a mirror?” Benny asked with wide eyes. “You mean like Bloody Mary came and pulled her through?”

Ethan shrugged. “I don't know. All I saw was Luna go through the mirror. I tried to grab her, but it was too late,” Ethan explained. “I'm sorry.”

Benny stared at him. “Why was she here in the first place?” Benny asked sounding angry again.

“She is our new babysitter,” Ethan told him.

Benny rolled his eyes. “Are you going to hit on her? You always seem to have a crush on all your babysitters,” Benny stated.

Ethan shrugged. He really didn't want to answer that. Benny then pushed him aside and walked into the house. He went into the bathroom. “This bathroom?” Benny asked. Ethan nodded. Benny then touched the mirror and muttered, “Aprirsi e fammi vedere. Quello che hai dentro di te.”

“What does that mean?” Ethan asked.

“It's a spell that shows what's inside the mirror,” Benny answered him. Then the mirror had mist around it. The mirror then showed a forest. There was a black hooded thing and Luna standing in the forest.

“Can they see us?” Ethan asked.

Benny shook his head and put his finger to his lips. “They can hear us though,” Benny whispered super quietly to him.

They listened to what they were saying in the mirror. It sounded like they were fighting. “Listen,” they heard Luna say, “I love you, Phantom. But I also love Benny, and I kind of like Benny more.”

Benny smiled a sly smile like he knew it all along (which he did). They kept watching them.

The figure just stood there. He then drew his hand back and slapped Luna across the face. It hit her so hard she fell back onto the ground. “No! You must love me!” the Phantom yelled at her.

Luna got back up and charged at the figure trying to get him down. Instead the Phantom grabbed her sides and slashed them. Luna fell down again, her sides gushing out blood. Benny was about to jump into the mirror and save her, but Ethan pulled him back. Benny looked at him, Ethan shook his head.

“I didn't want to do this, Luna,” the Phantom told her. “But I'm going to have to.” He then moved closer to Luna. So close he was right above her. He pulled a purpley blue glass ball.

Ethan gasped. “The Lucifractor,” Ethan muttered. “Go!” he yelled at Benny. Then Ethan and Benny dove into the mirror and landed in the forest.

The Phantom saw Ethan and Benny and charged for them. He took a knife from his pocket and flung it at Benny. Luna got in front of Benny just in time. Luna jumped in front of the knife and it went straight through her chest. It landed in the center of her chest. Ethan, hoping he was a vampire, found a wooden stick and drove it through his heart. The Phantom disappeared and they never saw him again, not in that form anyway.

It started to rain when the Phantom left. Ethan then ran over to where Luna was lying on the ground covered in blood. Benny was holding her. “What have you done?” Benny asked.

Luna smiled. “Don't you fret,” Luna told him, “Mr. Benny Weir. I don't feel, any pain.” Benny smiled understanding what she was doing. “A little fall of rain. Can hardly, hurt me now. You're here, that's all I need to know. Rain will make the flowers, grow.”

“But you will live, Luna. Dear God above. If I could close your wounds with words of love,” Benny told her feeling tears.

“Just hold me now,” Luna told him grabbing his hand and placing it on her heart, “and let it be. Shelter me, comfort me.”

“Are you sure?” Benny asked.

Luna smiled. “I don't feel any pain. I little fall of rain.”

“I'm here,” Benny told her.

“That's all I need to know,” Luna said looking into his eyes. “Rain will make the flowers...” Luna then drifted off.

“Grow...?” Benny said. His hand felt her heart stop beating. He looked at Ethan. “What do I do?”

Ethan shrugged. He was a little weirded out by what they had just done. “Give her one last kiss, then we'll go back home,” Ethan told him.

Benny nodded. He bent down and kissed Luna. He placed his hand where she had gotten stabbed. He took the knife out without leaving her lips. He then placed his hand back where her wound was. He then pulled away and kissed her forehead instead.

“Goodbye, Luna,” Benny whispered to her. “I love you and always will.” He then stood up and looked at Ethan. “Okay, let's go home.”

“Are you going to just leave me down here?” someone asked.

Benny turned back where Luna was. She was standing up now smiling. “Luna! I thought you were dead... er,” Benny told her giving her a hug.

Luna laughed. “I'm now un-dead! Thanks to you,” Luna told him. “This might sound crazy, but I think your love saved me.”

Benny kissed her. “I don't think that's crazy,” he told her. “I thought it was our love also.”

Ethan sighed. “Let's go home,” he told them.

Benny and Luna nodded and followed him through the portal. They ended up back in the bathroom. They all gave each other a group hug and stayed with each other the whole night, like best friends should.