In the Park

Chapter 10

Luna walked home. She walked slowly. She went into the local park and sat down on a bench. This was the weirdest night ever. Does she actually have feelings for Ethan? I don't know. How about you see what she is thinking?

Ethan Morgan, Luna thought. He's okay. I think we are better friends now, but I would never date him. I simply kissed him out of kindness. I felt bad for him, so I kissed him. For a guy who has never kissed before, he sure was good at it! No, Luna, stop thinking like that. That is crazy.

“Luna!” someone whisper-yelled to her. “Psst! Luna!”

Luna looked to the right, where it was coming from. She saw Benny in the bushes. “Benny?”

He got out of the bushes. “Yes, it's me,” Benny assured her. Luna ran up and hugged him. He wasn't expecting it so he fell down on his back with Luna on top of him. “How was your date with Ethan?” Benny asked running his fingers through her hair.

Luna smiled. “It was... interesting,” she answered him debating whether or not she should tell him they kissed or not.

“What did you guys do?” Benny asked.

“We had dinner,” Luna told him.

“Then why were you out here?” he asked getting really suspicious.

“Because my parents wanted us to go on a walk,” Luna told him.

“Oh,” Benny said.

“Don't worry, nothing happened. We only kissed for show,” Luna told him.

He stopped running his fingers through her hair. “You guys kissed?” Benny asked sounding upset.

“Yes, but it was only a quick one,” Luna lied.

“How many times?” Benny asked wanting to know all the details.

“Once,” Luna lied again.

“Does it live up to the expectations of this?” Benny asked brining his lips to hers. Benny rubbed her back making her feel comfortable. Luna twirled his brown locks around her finger. Benny's hand went a little too far down her back. He could feel her smiling on his lips.

Good thing it was pitch black outside. Almost, ten minutes later they pulled apart. Luna's hair was all messy and her dress strap was sliding off her shoulder. Benny's hair was messier than hers, but it still looked adorable. There shoes had been kicked off by each other too.

Luna sat up and, even though it was dark out, Benny saw that her eyes had widened. Benny sat up too. “What's wrong?” he asked getting concerned. Luna didn't respond. She was staring at something behind him or something. “Luna, what's wrong?” Benny asked getting worried. Benny then had the nerve to turn around and see a tall, black figure staring at them. He turned to Luna. “Who is that?” he asked.

Luna didn't take her eyes off the figure. “I don't know.”