Awkward Lunch (Part 2)

Chapter 4

During the same lunch time, Benny and Ethan sat at their usual table. They sat in the back at a table all by themselves. It was sad.

“Why did you do what you did?” Benny asked Ethan. Ethan didn't answer he was staring at something. “Hello? Earth to E. Answer my question!”

Ethan shook his head and turned to Benny. “Sorry,” Ethan apologized.

“What are you staring at? Or, who are you staring at?” Benny asked poking him. “Sara?”

Ethan laughed and shook his head. “No, Sara was just a phase. I've come to realize that I'll never be with her,” Ethan answered.

Benny's eyebrows knit together. “Why? I thought you two were perfect for each other,” Benny told him.

“Well, you do know that vampires and humans can't be together,” Ethan told Benny. He looked at his friend, who had lowered his eyes. “You know that. Don't you?”

“Yeah,” Benny answered. “Of course... I do.”

Ethan sighed. “Benny, you two can't be together. It doesn't work like that. You two will get hunted down and get killed if they heard about a vampire and a human being together,” Ethan explained referring to Benny's ginormous crush on Luna.

“Whatever,” Benny said. Benny then got out of that and looked at Ethan. “Earlier, you never told me the vision you had of Luna. What was it?”

Ethan's face turned pale. He really didn't want to answer that question. If Benny found out that his vision had been of Luna lying on the ground gushing out blood, he would have a fit. Although, maybe it wasn't bad. Maybe Luna had just had too much blood to drink and passed out. If it wasn't though, it might have been her dead body lying on the ground.

“Um...” Ethan said trying to think of a good lie. “My vision was Luna and Rory... hugging. Yeah, hugging. That's it.” Ethan smiled.

“Hugging?” Benny asked. “Why would hugging be important in her life?” he asked suspiciously.

Ethan shrugged. “I don't know.”

“Oh well,” Benny said. “Who are you staring at?”

Ethan didn't blink. This was not his day. He had a terrible vision of Luna on the ground, now he has to tell his best friend that he likes his sister. “Tara,” Ethan answered smiling.

“My sister Tara? Why? You're crazy! Everyone knows she likes Rory,” Benny answered.

“Are you two talking about me?” Rory asked sneaking up on them.

“Why do you do that?” Benny asked. “Tara likes you. You know that right?”

Rory's eyes bulged. “What? The most prettiest girl in the school likes me?” he asked getting excited.

“Yeah,” Benny said giving a goofy smile.

“I always knew that girls liked me,” Rory said flipping his hair.

“Don't tell her I told you that,” Benny instructed him. Rory nodded. Rory then left.

“Really?” Ethan said.

“It's ridiculous,” Benny answered. “She's crazy. That is why I don't believe we're twins.”

Ethan rolled his eyes. Ethan then looked at Benny who was trying hard to not smile. “What?” Ethan asked.

“Hey guys,” someone said. Ethan looked behind him and saw Luna, Tara, and Erica. “I'm sorry that Britt couldn't be here, Ethan. She's a Sophomore so her classes start earlier than ours,” Luna told them.

“Why sorry Ethan?” Ethan asked.

“Oh, because Britt really likes you. Oops!” Luna said covering her mouth.

“That is so cute,” Benny muttered to himself meant so no one could hear. But with Luna's vampire hearing sense she could hear it and smiled. “Would you like to sit down?” Benny asked being polite.

“No thanks,” Tara answered.

“Why did we come over here? If I stay here too long I might actually start to like video games,” Erica said acting prissy.

“So? Video games are better than Dusk,” Luna told her.

Erica gawked. “What did you say? Nothing can live up to the expectation of Dusk,” she fought back.

Luna rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”

“No offense, Erica, but she's right,” Tara told her. “Dusk is the worst book/ movie series in the history of everything.”

“No it's not!” Erica responded to Tara's remark. “The way that Rochelle and James love each other. Ugh! Why can't I have a love like that?” Erica asked being pouty.

“Me and you both,” Luna said winking at Benny. Benny blushed.

“Wait! So are you two a couple now? Or what?” Tara asked referring to Luna and Benny.

Luna shrugged. “We can be,” Benny answered. He then looked at Luna who was staring at him. “Only if you want to be.”

Luna blushed.” Why wouldn't I want to be?” she answered.

Benny smiled and stood up from the table and hugged her. “You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this,” Benny told her.

Luna hugged him back. “No, you don't know how long I've been waiting for this,” she told him giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Ethan sighed. “Looks like it's just me and you, Erica, that are single,” he told her.

Erica made a face. “Ew! There is no way I'd go out with you,” Erica said and walked away.

Tara looked at Ethan. “Um, I'm single.”

Ethan looked up at her. “Not for long my friend,” he told her putting his hand on her shoulder. “Not for long.”

“What do you mean?” she asked. “Are you talking about that you are going to ask me out?”

Tara read his mind: I wish, Ethan thought. But instead he said aloud, “No, Rory is going to ask you.”

Tara got almost as excited as Rory did when they told him. “Really?” She then calmed down. “I will await his call,” Tara said trying to act mature, but she laughed.

“I'm so glad I found you,” Luna whispered in Benny's ear.

Benny got goosebumps. “Me too.” He pulled up Luna's head and they kissed.