Happy Birthday Rory!

Chapter 6

When someone told them to get a room, they had pulled apart. Luna had given Benny a goodbye hug and left. She took walked and took the long way home so she could think about Benny. She had arrived at home. She knocked on the door, and her mother opened it.

“Luna Ashlyn Keaner,” her mother said in an angry voice.

“Yes?” Luna asked sounding innocent.

“Do you know what time it is?” her mother asked.

“Uh, no,” Luna answered sounding stupid.

“It is 4:15,” her mother told her.

“Your point?” Luna asked trying to stay out of what was coming.

“You were supposed to be home an hour ago! Now you will pay the consequence,” her mother scolded.

“What is that?” Luna asked feeling like she was playing 20 Questions.

“You can not leave the house for any reason, besides to go to school, for a week,” her mother told her.

“What? I have a date on Friday!” Luna complained.

“Too bad,” her mother said. “Maybe if you had come home on time you would still be going to your date on Friday.”

“I don't even know what I did!” Luna told her mother.

“You and your brother were fighting,” her mother answered her.

“But that is nothing to get so upset about,” Luna complained some more.

“Well, if you actually cared about Rory you would know that today is also his birthday,” her mother said crossing her arms.

Luna's mouth fell open. “What? I thought his birthday was next week.”

“Nope, this week.”

“I'm so sorry. I completely forgot. Where is Rory?” Luna asked wanting to apologize to him too.

“He is in his room with some friends.”

Luna's heart lifted. “Who?”

“Ethan Morgan and Benny Weir,” her mother replied.

Oh my gosh! He's here!, Luna thought. He must of got here before I did. “Can I go apologize?” Luna asked mainly just to see Benny.

“Why yes! Of course you should!” her mother told her.

Luna ran inside and upstairs. She stopped outside Rory's bedroom door. She stuck her ear up to the door and listened inside.

“Want to play a new game?” Luna heard her brother ask.

“Sure,” she heard Ethan and Benny say together. Luna smiled when she heard Benny.

“Alright,” Rory told them, “I'm going to pick three girls and your going to tell me which one you would do 'all of the above' with. Okay? Ethan you first. Would you rather Erica, Luna, or Tara?”

“Tara,” Ethan answered quickly.

“Okay...” Rory glared at Ethan. “Now you ask Benny.”

“Alright. I already know his answer, so I'm going to take her out of this. Sara, Britt, or Erica?” Ethan asked.

“Hmm...” Benny thought. “I'm going to go with... Erica. But I would totally do Luna, except she wasn't one of my choices.”

Luna smiled so wide her mouth was about to fall off. “Now, Benny, you ask me.”

“Um, how about... Sara, Tara, or Britt?” Benny asked.

“Tara,” Rory answered quickly.

“Thought so,” Benny muttered under his breath.

“What was that?” Ethan asked leaning over Rory to hear Benny. While he leaned he accidentally touched him and saw a vision of Rory and Tara... doing something. * I think we know what I mean*

He got off of Rory and sat up. At that time Luna accidentally fell forwards and opened the door into Rory's room. She fell onto the ground.

“Luna? What are you doing? Were you eavesdropping?” Rory asked.

Luna's face turned red. She looked at Benny, who was smiling, and she smiled back. “Um, yes...?” Luna told them being honest. Rory sighed. Luna then got up and sat in Rory's lap. “I'm sorry, Rory. I'm sorry for forgetting your birthday. I totally forgot about it. I'm also sorry for eavesdropping on you and your friends,” Luna apologized hugging Rory so tight he could barely breath.

Rory hugged her back. “It's okay. I forgive you,” he said letting go of their hug. “Now will you please go away?”

“Does she have too?” Benny asked before Luna could.

“Uh...” Rory paused to think. “Fine she can stay,” he sighed.

“Thank you,” Luna thanked him. She got off of her brother and sat down next to Benny and Ethan.

“Alright, Rory. You're turn to ask Luna,” Ethan said.

“Ask her what?” Rory asked being oblivious.

“Who she would...” Ethan told him seeing if he would get it.

“Oh!” Rory said understanding. “Okay, Luna. Ethan, Jesse, or me?”

“Um, you're my brother,” Luna told him.

“If we weren't though,” Rory said.

“Wait, do you think about if we weren't brother and sister?” Luna asked.

“That is none of your concern,” Rory said trying to change the subject. “Answer the question.”

“Fine,” Luna said thinking. “Jesse I guess.”

Everyone in the room gasped. “Why?” Rory asked.

“He's evil,” Benny added.

“Why not me?” Ethan wondered (he's too desperate).

“First of all, sorry, Ethan, but we wouldn't work out,” Luna told Ethan. “Second of all, Jesse is pretty hot.”

“I swear you have no taste in guys,” Rory said. “I mean, you like Benny!”

“Hey! At least I don't think about me and my sister as a couple,” Benny told Rory.

“I told you that was none of your concern,” Rory repeated himself.

“Cake time!” Mrs. Keaner called from downstairs.

“Ugh, I wish I could have cake,” Rory said getting up and putting his head down. They all walked downstairs together and into the kitchen.

“Ready?” Mr. Keaner asked getting his camera out.

“No! I don't want any pictures or videos,” Rory said to his parents. “Please, that is all I really want right now.”

His parents shrugged and put the cameras away. They all sang happy birthday to him and he blew out the candles. “Happy 17th birthday, honey,” Mrs. Keaner told him. “I swear you haven't aged since you were 14.”

Rory laughed. “Oh mom.”

“Who wants cake?” Mr. Keaner said slicing the first piece.

Benny and Ethan zoomed over to the cake. Rory and Luna stayed put just looking at each other. “Will you two please have some cake? You haven't had birthday cake for three years now. Come to think of it, I don't think we've ever had dinner as a family in three years either. Tomorrow we will have a family dinner night. So cake?” Luna and Rory still stared at each other. They shook their heads. “Alright, you're no fun.”

Luna looked at Benny, who had cake all over his mouth, and smiled. She went over to the sink and wet a paper towel. She then went over to him and wiped his mouth. When it was all clean she leaned in and kissed him. It was a quick kiss, because her parents were there, but a good one. One of those sweet moment kisses, you know?

Luna then turned to Rory. “Happy birthday, Rory.”