After the Party

Chapter 7

When Rory was opening presents, Luna had made her way on the front porch of the house. Benny saw her out there and followed her. Luna and Benny sat down on the bench swing. Luna looked at Benny and laid her head on his shoulder.

Benny then grabbed Luna's freezing cold hand. “Luna,” he started.

“Mmhmm,” Luna answered.

“I know you know this, but I have awaited this moment for so long. It is not even funny. Ask Ethan, he will tell you how much I have loved you since fourth grade,” Benny told her.

Luna laughed. “Really? Fourth grade?”

Benny nodded. “I really like you,” Benny said kissing her forehead.

“Did your first girlfriend ever find that out?” Luna asked with a yawn.

“Yes,” Benny answered.

“How did she take that?” Luna asked cuddling closer to him.

“I don't know. How do you take it?” Benny asked.

Luna sat up. “Wait, I'm your first girlfriend?” Luna asked in disbelief. Benny nodded. “How? I would think that any girl would want you.”

Benny shook his head. “Nope. Exact opposite. Whenever I came down the hall every girl would hide.”

“Nu-uh,” Luna said.

“Yea-huh,” Benny said back. Luna laid her head again on his shoulder and started to drift off to sleep. “I thought vampires couldn't sleep.”

“When they feel like sleeping they can,” Luna said with her eyes closed.

Benny laughed and laid his head on top of hers. He then drifted off to sleep as well. “I love you so much,” Benny muttered as he finally fell asleep.

* * *

When Luna woke up she checked Benny's watch. It was 2:30 am. She couldn't believe that Benny was still here. It was really dark out but, being a vampire, she could see. She looked around at the scenery. Something then caught her eye. She saw a black hooded creature across the street staring at her.

Luna got scared and picked Benny up and brought him inside with her. She opened the door, thankfully the alarm wasn't on, and went up stairs. She went into her room and laid Benny down on her bed. She then slid in bed next to him. Benny didn't wake up, which meant that he was safe in her care.

Luna leaned over to Benny and kissed his cheek. Then she turned around and tried to go to sleep.

This is the best day ever, Luna thought. There is no way that this can turn terrible. Maybe except that creepy stalker guy, but who cares about him?

Luna turned over to where Benny was. She took his hand and held it. She then could easily go to sleep.

*Short, but sweet.