Luna's First Babysitting Job

Start from the beginning

Jane tapped Luna. “Uh, Luna?”

“Yes?” Luna said bending down to her.

“He's telling the truth,” Jane told her.

Luna's eyes bulged. She turned to Ethan. “Why do you need a babysitter?” Luna asked fighting back her laughter.

“Because I'm not the best babysitter,” Ethan told her. “She also said I should learn from other babysitters.”

“That is ridiculous, Ethan,” Luna said laughing. She hugged him. “Oh I love you.”

Ethan smiled. “You love me?” he asked getting excited.

“Yeah, I love all my friends,” Luna told him.

Ethan's smile dropped. “Oh, okay.”

They dropped their hug. Luna smiled at him. Ethan half smiled back. “Luna!” Mrs. Morgan called from downstairs. Luna went down the steps to where Mr. and Mrs. Morgan were. “Luna, we are going to leave earlier because you're here. Okay? So bye!” The Morgans left.

Luna waved and shut the door behind them. She went back upstairs where Jane was. “What was first on the list?” Luna asked.

“Dolls!” Jane yelled pulling Luna down to the ground to sit. Jane gave Luna a doll that looked a lot like her. “You be her, she looks like you.”

Luna took it from Jane's hand. “Thank you,” she said. They played dolls.

Jane looked at Luna. “Are you a vampire?” Jane asked out of nowhere.

“Uh,” was all Luna could say.

“You can tell me the truth. I know all about Sara, Erica, Rory, Benny, and my brother. So are you?” Jane asked.

“Well, in that case yes,” Luna answered. “Yes, I am a vampire.”

“Cool!” Jane exclaimed.

“Did you already have dinner?” Luna asked. Jane nodded. “Okay, then. How about we go watch a movie?”

“Okay!” Jane said getting up. They went downstairs into the family room. “We should watch Tangled!” Jane suggested. “It's my favorite.”

“Alright,” Luna said grabbing it off a movie shelf and putting it in the DVD player. About an hour into the movie, Jane fell asleep. Luna picked her up and tucked her into bed.

Luna then went into Ethan's room. “Ethan?” she asked going in. Ethan was on his computer. He must have not heard her because he didn't flinch. Luna got closer to him. He was on a website titled, “How To Get A Girlfriend”.

Desperate, Luna thought. “Ethan?” she asked again.

He heard her this time. He quickly shut down that computer window and pulled up another one that had a computerized game of Dungeons and Dragons on it. “Oh, hey, Luna,” he said trying to act like she didn't see that. “You didn't see that. Did you?”

Luna stared at him. “Oh, yeah. I saw it.”

Ethan sighed. “I'm desperate. I'm sorry,” Ethan apologized.

“I can see that,” Luna replied sitting on his bed.

“So what did you come in here for?” Ethan asked.

“I just wanted to know if Jane slept with any lights on or anything,” Luna told him.

“Yeah,” Ethan said getting up. He went into Jane's room and turned on one of those night lights with the planets and stars that swirled. Luna followed him. She accidentally stepped on a doll's hand. She squeaked. Ethan squeezed her hand. When he did he saw, yet another, vision. This one was of Luna and a mysterious black figure, the Phantom. The Phantom was... doing “stuff” to Luna. Luna seemed to be oblivious of him doing it in his vision.

“Can you get me like some ice?” Luna asked waking Ethan up from his vision. “That really hurt,” she said groaning.

Ethan nodded and led Luna downstairs. “Just sit on the couch, okay?” Ethan ordered her. Luna nodded and did what she was told.

Luna rubbed her foot. Ethan came back with a bag of ice and gave it to her. “Here you go, Lunes,” Ethan said.

Luna smiled and took it. “Thank you,” she told him. She put the ice of her hurt foot. “Ahhh,” Luna let out. “That feels so much better.” She fell back on the couch. “It's all healed thanks to the ice.”

“That quick?” Ethan asked.

Luna nodded. “Yep,” Luna told him. “That is one of the advantages of being a vampire.” Luna looked up at him and smiled again.

Ethan smiled too. Ethan then leaned down and kissed her. She was in such a confusing state she gave into it and kissed him back.

Am I in a love... square?, Luna thought. I have Benny, the Phantom, and now Ethan! I don't even like Ethan! Two had to go. That is Ethan and the Phantom. I love Benny and that is that.

Luna pulled away from Ethan and sat up. “I'm sorry, Ethan. I really am. I love Benny. Sorry,” she told him.

Ethan nodded. Thank goodness he understood. Now how was she going to tell the Phantom?