Chapter 9 - Boyfriend Material

Alfie
Are you on your way? I've got a surprise for you.x

You
Yeah about five minutes away, u've intrigued me now haha.x

I quickened my pace as I walked to Alfie's quaint home, I could smell him already, his black fringe was like coconut thanks to shampoo and he always wore cologne, never the cheap Lynx they have round here but actual scents, kinda like the ones my Dad wears.

I approached the gate to Alfie's house and opened it, suddenly nervous, what if his Mom opened the door, or worse, his Dad. Come to think of it I've never actually seen his Dad. Before I knew it I was knocking on the door, glancing at the neat garden overflowing with flowers and colour.

"Hello?" A boy answered, he was older than Alfie but had the same eyes, I assumed he must be his brother.

"Hi. I'm erm here for Alfie." I shrugged nervously, a little anxious about what this boy would think of me.

"Ah. You're Eliza. Nice to finally meet
you, my name's Jack." The boy put out his hand which was partly covered by a red and black checked shirt.

I frowned, "You know who I am?" I held my hand out too and shook his, he pulled me into the house and smirked, only then did I notice his lip ring.

"Everyone in a five mile radius knows who you are." Jack chuckled. "You're the bird my brother keeps banging on about. He's asked me loads of questions about you, as if I'd know the answers." He rolled his eyes.

"Alfie made out like I was one of many of his conquests." I blushed.

"You're different. He hasn't had a girl round since he met you. That's weird." Jack led me into their kitchen. It was big but not as big as the one at home which made sense since my house was huge. They had little motivational quotes around the room, if I had to place a bet I'd say there wasn't a man of the house.

"Where is he?" I asked Jack, looking him up and down, deciding that I trusted him.

"His room. Probably had headphones in, that'll be why he hasn't come down to greet you like the way a princess like you deserves it." He laughed aloud at his own joke.

I said my thanks and went up to Alfie's room, remembering how to get there from last time. I only didn't recognise the kitchen because it had been dark and I'd been a tiny bit tipsy. I knocked on his door before opening it.

"Hey babe." Alfie's eyes lit up as I sat down on his bed, tugging off my shoes.

"I've been promoted to babe now?" I giggled and hugged him, pulling him closer. "What's this surprise you've got for me anyway?" I asked innocently.

"All in good time." He smiled as we laid down, pulling the covers over us. "Who let you in?"

"Jack. Your brother I assume?"

Alfie blushed a little, " Yeah. He's 18 and most certainly shouldn't be answering the door to you. Has he said anything? Anything ... embarrassing?" I smiled at his nervousness.

"Of course not. Just that you haven't stopped going on about me." I batted my eyelids and winked. It was funny to be the one making him feel shy as opposed to me.

"He lied. I've slept with like three girls since we last met up." I tried not to laugh as I felt his heart beat speed up, my head on his chest.

"Whatever Alfie." I just grinned.

The tone of conversation begun to lean towards that of a sexual nature, Alfie questioned my virginity and rose an eyebrow at my response.

"I've never had sex." I shrugged, casually, it's not something I'm ashamed of, I'm only 15.