Eighteen

It was Nick, or, at least, it used to be...be still had enough human left in him to tell us leave him there to die before he passed out from exhaustion. We tied him up and took him back to base. Keche was upset to say the least. He was in so much pain to see him like this. He knew what he was supposed to do, but I told him there was another way. My uncle was a bit about this stuff. He had created a syrm before he died from an infection when he lost his leg doing an experiment. I kept it in a case, in a syringe, in my suit case. I had it ready to go, in case one of us got infected. There was only so much of it. I doubt I could replicate it. I'm no wizz in doctoring. But I know how to use a syringe. My dad's girlfriend was a nurse. I got the syringe ready at Nick's arm. He was waking up. We had him strapped to a table. His eyes were starting to glaze over like a zombie, but I could see the humanity in them. I shushed him when he tryed to speak. I stuck the syringe. Nick at first was struggling, but quickly calmed down. I injected him with the syrm. He feel asleep. He didn't wake up for the next few days. Keche coming in to feed him when he did wake. When he finally felt better, I told him that the syrm would only stop the virus from spreading to his brain. Which ment he had abnormal strength, excelled hearing, and eyesight, also, be could walk through a hord of zombies and not get detected by a single one, and he now has a very high pain tolerance. He chuckled. "Like a super human..?" He muttered, shaking his head in disbelief. I chucked as well, and nodded. "You can leave the infermery now that you are back from that comma and you have your strengths and thoughts together." I stated. He nodded and I left. Leaving his clothes on the end of his bed. I opened the door and closed it quietly. I turned to see Keche standing really close to my face. "He isn't the same. He's the same person, but he has strange things in his cells, I call them Z cells. The Z cells have made his normal cells retreat to the brain, and are putting up a good fight, but we need more blood cells to help defeat the Z cells completely. Other wise, we lose Nick forever." I whispered, "We need those blood cells. But we need a lot. He went into the comma as the blood cells were fighting the Z cells. The Z cells are strong, but Nick's blood cells seem to have taken back a bit of the body. If he goes into another comma, he might not come back as Nick." I state grimly. Keche nods. He looks at the door, but before he goes in, I grab his arm and whisper in his ear, "He doesn't know that part yet, also, he's changing right now. Wait a bit longer. After you see him, meet me at Morray's cave, okay?" He nods swiftly. Turning towards me and kissing my forehead before I leave. When I get outside, I try not to squeal as I walk towards my dogs cave....