Chapter 28- The Powerful One

Start from the beginning

I stood and walked to the door, my face turning stony. I looked back once and I regret that to this day. I shouldn't have looked back.

I pushed onwards, changing my form when I got out of the Shack. I was covered in blood now and it was drying in my fur. But it didn't matter now. All that mattered were my babies.

Enough was enough. 

I wanted my children back.

No man or woman or creature should ever stand between a mother and her children. Especially not a mother that was the Powerful One.

A growl rose in my throat as my paws picked up speed, my wings spread out and I took to the sky. Nothing could stop me now. I knew where he'd gone and I'd be damned if I didn't get there and take my children back.

I beat my wings hard, soaring into the night sky, over the grounds where the battle still raged. But not for long. Voldemort's voice boomed out across the grounds, but I couldn't hear it up here. But I know what he said. Collect your dead. Hand over Harry Potter. His forces would withdraw. 

But that didn't matter now. Nothing about the battle mattered.

I felt a tug at my heart strings and I knew where to go. I felt my babies pulling me in. 

I flew in low over the tree tops of the Forbidden Forest. There was nothing for it, I cast She and asked her to guide me. She nodded and we flew over the trees, diving into them a little way off of a clearing. I landed lightly on the leaf strewn floor, my ears pricking up for the slightest sounds. I looked to She.

"I have a plan," I said aloud, my heart thundering.

Narsisa hadn't managed to escape. She stood shivering in the dim light of the clearing. Lucius stood near her, but far enough away that she felt alone. She wished he'd take her hand and reassure her. But she knew he couldn't.  She had been tasked with holding the Weasley child as the Dark Lord held her grandson, he had really taken to the baby. It scared her, she didn't want him to be so close to that much evil and be so calm. 

Then she heard one of the others shout and she looked up in surprise. A golden leopard was stalking into the clearing, its antlered head held high.

"Kill me and spare my babies," it declared.

The Dark Lord laughed and moved towards the creature. Narsisa watched with wide eyes as he stroked the baby's cheek with the tip of his wand. 

"Are you certain you want to take that risk?" he asked.

The leopard nodded and he laughed in a cold, high pitched way that made her shiver. Then he raised his wand.

"Avada kedavra," he said lazily with a flick of his wrist. 

The green spell shot towards the leopard and Narsisa could swear her heart stopped. The spell hit the creature and  seemed to absorb into it. Then the leopard grinned and evaporated.

The Dark Lord screamed, furious.

"Trickery! Reveal yourself or I shall kill both of your children!"

"Alright!" called the voice that had been the leopards, seeming to come from all around them.

Then a whole host of golden creatures with shinning antlers stepped into the clearing, surrounding the Death Eaters. Voldemorts face became cold.

"Show yourself!"

"Put the baby down and I will. Then you can kill me."

His lips drew into a snarl and he pushed the baby boy into Narsisa's other arm. She was so glad to have the baby back with her, safe.