Chapter 23: Meeting the Fosters

I'm going to meet with Steph and Lena at their house today. I'm having Connor go with me.

  "You ready?" I asked.
"Yeah." He ate one last bite of cereal and put his bowl in the sink. They don't live far from here. We got in the car and Connor stared the Engine. Liam will be there but they said he will be down for a nap.
"So what is your situation with Steph and Lena?" Connor asked.
"They are the legal guardians of Liam." I say.
"Yeah but why won't they let you see him?"
"Because I don't talk to Sam expect through the lawyer. And they don't think I would be a great role model."
"But he's your brother and your grandma said she wants you to meet him."
"I know, Diana is working things out legally."
"Maybe if you go through some boxes in the storage unit you can find some things."
"Yeah I'll stop by there tonight."
"So are Steph and Lena married?"
"Yes, they have 5 other adopted kids. Except one he's from steph's  previous marriage." I say.
"That's a lot of kids." He said.
"I know." He parked and we got out. It was a big house. Very homey. I knocked in the door.
"Willa, so good to see you." Lena said. We hugged.
"Hi I'm Connor." He shook her hand.
"You are?"
"Roommates. 1 of 4 actually." He says.
"Oh ok, come meet the rest if the Adams-Fosters." She said. We smiled and walked in. We sat down in a couch.
"Hi Willa." Steph said. We shook hands.
"As you know we have a pretty big family so they are all here to say hi." She said.
"I am a vice principal at the kids high school." Lena said.
"I am a police officer. My ex husband is my partner." She says.
"Hi guys, I'm Willa, I am head and president of Trixin clothing design. I am also part of a new podcast by Shay Carl." Steph and Lena stared at Connor.
"Oh sorry, I didnt know I was going to say anything. Willa is my roommate. I am a YouTuber." He says. This felt like group therapy. Ugh.
"I am Brandon. I am a pianist and composer. I go to college a ways away." Brandon says. I smiled.
"I'm Callie. I'm Jude's sister. I live at girls United. And I'm pretty much a trouble maker." Brandon and her laughed.
"Cal." Steph warned.
"I'm Jesus, I go to college upstate."
"I am Jesus's twin, Mariana. I go to college as well."
"I'm Jude. I go to high school."
"Hi. It's nice to meet you guys."
"Fun fact about me-" Callie started.
"Callie." Lena stopped her.
"Why does Callie live at girls United?" I asked.
"Mariana, Jesus, Jude can we talk to Willa alone." They nodded and left.
"Callie isn't actually ours legally. There was a problem because Callie had feelings for Brandon. They are not allowed to sleep under the same roof. So Callie lives at girls United." Steph explained. And I'm not able to see Liam. (Bruh) There were footsteps coming down the stairs. I held Connors arm.
"Mom." He said.
"Come here." Steph held her arms out. He sat in her lap with a teddy bear that I recognized.
"The bear." I said. Callie and Brandon left.
"It was your sisters." Lena said.
"It was Adelaide's. She lost it after the wreck." I say.
"Who is that mom?" Liam asked. Lena wiped a tear.
"That's your sister." Lena said with tears streaming down her cheeks. I covered my mouth.
"Hi, I'm Liam." He held his hand out. I laughed and shook it.
"You have great manors." Connor said.
"I'm Willa." I told him. When I said my name her turned and faced Steph and whispered something.
"Yes that is her." She said.
"Guess what." Steph said.
"What?" Liam asked.
"Since Willa is your sister and she is having a baby, you are going to be an uncle." She said.
"And uncle?" His face lit up.
"That's right." Lena said.
"Wow." He said. We talked and talked for hours. Steph and Lena let me tell him about lady and grandma. It was incredible.
"Thank you so much for letting me meet him." I told Lena.
"It's been a really crazy and emotional roller coaster. I'm so happy we found you." She said. I hugged her. I waved goodbye to Liam.
"I like her." He said before Lena closed the door.
"Oh my gosh." I said getting in the car.
"That was awesome." He said.
"I just can't believe he's alive. He's alive. And for 7 years I though he died."
"Miracles happen." He told me.
"that they do."

  We got home and everything was just coming together.
"Hey Jake from State Farm left you something." Ricky said.
"He what?" I was getting used to it. They weren't going to let that go. I walked into the kitchen. The was a bouquet of red roses. With a note.
Willa, Bonita, here are some roses. I will pick you up at 8 next Friday. Wear something elegant. Xo -Red
"Awe Jake from State Farm give you flowers?" Kian asked over my shoulder.
"He did. And a date." I say.
"Willa."
"Kian." I said in the same stern tone.
"Back off buddy." I told him as i marched upstairs.