The Flea Market

It was a glorious summer morning in Brussels; the town was busier than usual as the Jeu de Balle flea market had been set up. There were some not so familiar faces as well as many familiar ones wandering the stalls and attractions. Amongst the chattering shoppers was Chloe who was observing a stall that sold old historical texts, in particular she held a purchased book about historical sunken ships close to her chest as she spoke to the seller about the Tudor era, and soon she picked up another book titled "Old Legends of Britain" which she purchased for three pounds. Chloe enjoyed history books more than any other subject

"It was lovely talking to you Mrs Winslow, thank you for the books!" She called as she wandered towards the gentleman who was painting portraits – making people into cartoons. She was eager to find Tintin and his faithful companion canine, Snowy. Chloe smiled seeing a familiar tuft of ginger, his hairstyle unique to anyone else's which did make him easy to spot amongst the bustling crowd. (http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m12gks8W561qg7qx4o1_250.gif) Quickly she made her way through the crowds towards him, holding her small green purse in one hand whilst clutching her books to her chest. Unlike most women, Chloe despised carrying handbags a thief could easily grab it but a purse on its own was a smaller target. Snowy's familiar bark drew her attention away from looking for Tintin, she giggled as the white fox terrier bounded towards her and jumped his front paws up to her bended knees. "Collecting me are you?" She giggled lightly, petting his head affectionately. Snowy barked in response, wagging his tail jumping away from Chloe and heading towards, presumably, Tintin. Chloe shook her head as she stood properly and followed one of her best friends around the market, he was barking away making people give disapproving glances for not controlling Snowy, others laughed at the blonde chasing the white fox terrier. "Snowy!" Tintin's voice called, Chloe lifted her head to see Tintin leaning to the side a little beside the mirror stall, "Where did you run off to?" Tintin asked, bending down to pet Snowy again, he however had other ideas and barked at Chloe, who sheepishly smiled as she clasped both hands on her new books and purse in front of her. "Hello, Tintin." She smiled, getting the rush of butterflies that she never got with Harry. She felt rather guilty for having such feelings but she couldn't stop it, besides she made a promise to marry Harry.

"Chloe!" Tintin grinned, standing up and embracing her, she laughed but hugged him back. (http://s3.favim.com/orig/140928/boy-cute-gif-girl-Favim.com-2106650.gif) "It's been a while since we saw one another!" Chloe laughed as she pressed a quick kiss against his cheek before stepping back to look at her best friend, he had grown a couple of inches taller and his face looked more masculine but still had the familiar baby face look to it. "How have you been?" He asked, blue eyes settling on her with a look she didn't recognise in Harry but it was probably wishful thinking. "Just nervous for the wedding, I don't think Harry and I want the same thing." Chloe truthfully spoke as she glanced away – not seeing the smile fall from Tintin's face – to the ground. "What do you mean, Chloe? Is something wrong?" Tintin asked in concern, in his mind Chloe had become more of a recluse since she and Harry had got together – what she saw in him he would never understand. "It's just..." Chloe began before sighing and shaking her head, "He wants a large wedding, newspapers and everything but I'd rather have a small one with just close friends and family." She finished, it wasn't a complete lie but she had been having second thoughts on Harry and realised she was only deeply infatuated with him, not in love. "Well... it is a ceremony for the both of you. Maybe you two should sit down and talk about it." Tintin suggested despite the bitter taste in his mouth from talking about Harry. Normally, Chloe would take Tintin's advice but was surprised when she shook her head again, "It's no use. I think I have to just show up and smile..." Chloe dryly laughed, though there was not a twinkle of amusement in her greyish green eyes. Sighing through her nose and finally bringing her eyes to look at Tintin again, "I'd rather not talk about this, today is about you and me having fun."Chloe dismissed before taking Tintin's arm, something they had always done and she instantly felt warmer as he pulled her close to him and smiled.