"You are nothing like him."

Chloe didn't know what to think. All she could see was Tintin's letter, the beautifully worded confession that he had written just for her. He normally typed his letters on one of his numerous typewriters but this he had written, she found herself admiring it brushing her fingers over the inked sentences. Chloe didn't know what to feel. Angry for showing her or angry he had kept his feelings hidden in the first place, if she knew he felt this way about her then she would have avoided Harry. Was she elated to know he felt the same way or that he had written it rather than say it. Her head swam with 'what ifs' and thoughts she couldn't place to make sense. Now she didn't know what to do with herself, aware that both Tintin and Snowy were in the room waiting for her reaction. "Please say something, Chloe." Tintin pleaded, his voice snapping Chloe back into reality. Her hand felt warm, it was his in hers again – he had been holding her hand a lot lately, as if grasping her was a lifeline. "Why?" She whispered, dropping her gaze to her knees – there was one thing she didn't understand – why. Tintin could literally choose who he wanted, a brave woman who could help as an equal in his adventures so why her? The most help Chloe was, were in books, anything that was related to knowledge in any form she could help him with but shooting a gun, fighting or anything physically challenging was just out of her depth but there was plenty of other women that could fill those shoes. And make him so much happier.

"I knew I should've told you long ago, believe me, I wanted to. I really wanted to." Tintin gently replied, squeezing her hands with his. "You accepted me for who I am and what I do, encouraged me even... You made me realise that I can have adventures at home, with you. I don't need to travel the world to be happy." He continued, worried about Chloe's silence – she reacted to everything with at least a word, that was just how she was brought up. "I know that you still love... him, and this effectively ruins our friendship but I had to tell you. Seeing you happy with someone else really tore me up inside but if you were happy then I was too." Chloe's eyes began to water up, realising how stupid she was to Tintin's pain – he was always there for her, when they fell out he wrote to her every day until she responded and worked really hard to re-kindle their friendship. Slowly her fingers curled into his hands, finally taking his hands in hers. His blue eyes bore into her greyish green ones, "Don't cry, Chloe." He pleaded, wiping the stray tears with his index finger, "Do you want me to leave you alone for a while?" Tintin asked, Chloe shook her head and grasped his hands tighter. "N-no. I just want..." She replied, unable to say anything – yell at him more or hug and kiss him? Tintin moved a bit closer, taking his hands way to wrap themselves around her frame, rubbing her back. "I'm sorry I've thrown this on you, you have enough to deal with." He sighed, his breath hitting her ear. Chloe pulled away from him a little, the tip of their noses touching – should she lean in? Was it right to kiss him when she had another man's engagement ring around her finger?

Tintin wanted nothing more than to kiss Chloe, little could stop him now. If she still wanted to be with Harry then she would have pulled away long ago, it felt right to hold onto Chloe. Slowly he leaned a bit closer, hoping she would realise he was silently asking permission – when she shuddered a gentle sigh, Tintin lifted one hand to her cheek stroking her soft skin with his thumb. This is the longest they have ever held eye contact, he realised. Daring to lean closer with growing confidence, his eyes began to shut as did hers, his heart thudded loudly – this was it. He was going to kiss Chloe Susanna Hartson. He shivered involuntary with her breath lightly hitting his lips, his mind was whirring and all he could think of was Chloe. Wait. Was it right to kiss her like this? Another man's ring on her finger? Regardless of that, she deserved better than a kiss while sitting in bed. Trying to shake the thought from his mind, Tintin leaned in a little again but found himself pulling with Chloe opening her eyes looking as if Tintin had struck her. "I'm sorry." He apologised, dropping his hand from her cheek, a tiny sob escaped her lips. "Just leave." She choked out, pulling herself out of his embrace hugging her knees again and hiding her face. Tintin sighed a little but stood up, he messed up but he couldn't leave her like that, without thinking he leant on the bed with one knee and kissed the top of Chloe's head, inhaling her scent before leaving the room with Snowy.