Max looked at the clock, “You should be getting your movement back any time now.” He said.

Well so much for trying to hide it. My breathing became deep and hollow; I couldn’t recognize any of my surroundings. We kept driving for another 30 minutes. My body began to relax and it was easier to move. We finally came to a stop; I looked outside the window and noticed an abandoned house. I bit my lip as it began to quiver.

“Max, let me go” I whispered.

“I can’t do that Rose”

“Please” I whimpered.

Max turned and looked at me right I the eye, “I’m not going to hurt you”

He opened his door and stepped out, that was my only chance. I quickly got out of the car and started running down the road which we had come from.

“ROSE!” Max yelled.

His voice made me want to run even faster, I could hear his footsteps right behind me. I kept running, ignoring the pain in my legs to stop and give up. I passed leafless trees that seemed to be watching my every move. His footsteps were getting louder, I had to run faster.

“Stop Rose, there is nowhere to go” I heard behind me. His voice gave me goosebumps.

He was getting to close to me and had to push myself. I saw headlights in the distance; that was enough for all of my energy to come back to me. I broke out in a faster sprint.

“Damn it Rose” Max yelled.

I ran towards the car in the distance. Hope filled me giving me the courage to run with all of my might. I could feel my heart beating faster and the joy that I would soon be home with Kyle and my parents. All of that went away within a second; I was flung to the floor. My side took the worst from the fall, landing straight on sharp rocks.

Max pressed down onto me, “Damn it Rose. I didn’t want to do this to you but you left me no choice.”

He covered my mouth, waiting for the car to pass by. I kicked and squirmed but every time I did, my side would ache more. I could feel a liquid building on my side, blood. I whimpered, tried to push him off so the pressure on my side could ease.

The car was long gone, and every inch of hope that I had was now gone. He got up and picked me up. He noticed the blood on me and put a concerned face. I let my tars fall as he carried me back to the house.  I gave it my best to get out of his grip but he just wouldn’t let go.

We got to the house and he quickly took me to the biggest room, I’m guessing it use to be a living room. He sat me down on a couch that seemed to be eaten by rats. 

“What the hell do you want?” I yelled “Let me go!”

“You gotta listen to me Rose!”

“Just leave me alone! Can’t you see how much you’ve hurt me already?”

“It wasn’t me Rose”

“Oh, please you don’t have to pretend around me. I know it was you. How could you do all this?”

“Rose you got to believe me!"

“Oh yes you are so innocent that you broke out of jail and kidnapped me!” I yelled.

“I had to; it was the only way to tell you the truth!”

“I KNOW THE TRUTH! IT WAS YOU!”

“No. I swear it isn’t me, but HE’S still out there and I had to warn you to be careful”

“THE ONLY PERSON I NEED TO BE CAREFUL AROUND IS YOU!”

“IT’S NOT ME!”

I looked directly into his eyes, part of me wanted to believe him but I knew that would be naïve. I had to figure out a way to escape but with the pain on my side made it almost impossible to do so. I was running out of options, and fast.

I sighed, “I don’t know why you keep saying that. Can’t you see how much you’ve hurt me already, why continue? You’ve already broken me! Do you need to kill me, in order to feel complete?”

“Rose, I don’t know any other way to tell you. I don’t know how to make you see that it isn’t me. I-“  Max looked down not being able to finish his sentence. He shook his head, admitting defeat.

I sat in silence, going over everything that has happened. I tried going over all the small details trying to figure out if there was any possibility that it wasn’t him. I bit my lip trying to search throughout my memory database.

“OH SH*T” Max exclaimed. He looked up and stared into my eyes, fear filled them.

“I know who your attacker is”

Confusion filled me, I couldn’t believe him; he was just trying to trick me. Deep down something bothered me, telling me that I should trust him. I made myself not believe him. Something didn’t feel right.

“It’s” Max never got to finish his sentence. There was a loud bang that rang throughout the whole room. I gasped as I saw Max hit the floor. Blood was everywhere. I looked down and saw that he had been shot in his abdomen. There was a second shot, this time Max was shot near the lungs. I stared into Max’s eyes, watching as the light slowly went dimmer and dimmer. Soon his eyes were cold and lifeless, that held no emotion.  

I raised my gaze and a gasped escaped my lips. I was in shock, my legs wobbled with each second that passed by. My throat felt dry and it was getting harder to breathe. I stared, trying to convince myself that this wasn’t real. I was hoping that I would wake up any second now. I whimpered because I knew this wasn’t a dream. My legs were starting to shake incredibly strong; threatening to give out any moment and collapse, but I made sure not to let that happen.  

I was standing in front of my REAL attacker.

***********************************************

Gio's Note: Thank you guys for reading! There is still two chapters left, so  this is NOT the end. Please vote & comment! I want to know what you all think! :D

Love ya guys! PLEASE SUPPORT THE LETTER! :D