[44] unreal • pt. 2

I know it says I uploaded this chapter already, but that was an accident. Here's the actual thing!

•••

-Aphmau-

"Laurance? Why are you following me?" I turn around to see the brown-haired boy following me closely, and I stopped.

He suddenly moved closer, and I urged to move backwards but his arm swiftly wrapped around my waist, his blue eyes staring intensely into mine.

"L-Laurance? I-I'm dating Garroth." I say, and he looks away.

"I'm sorry for doing this, please know this wasn't my plan." He mumbles before smashing his lips into mine, and I struggle to pull away as his strong arm keeps me in place.

I hear a gasp and running footsteps, and I can only imagine who that could have been.

•••

-Garroth-

My life is a colossal bag of mess.

Screwed up, torturous mess.

My feet feel sore from running, and I see a bench in the distance. I sit down to rest, sobbing my sadness away.

Why.

When everything was slowly fixing itself.

It had to go ahead and shatter again.

I sit on that bench for Irene knows how long, the tears not stopping, never-ending sadness pouring out through my tears, but even that wasn't enough.

•••

I open the door and walk inside, not caring if Aphmau was right there.

"Garroth! What happened to your-"

"Move." I say, and her eyes widen.

"What's wrong? You're not usually-"

"What's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG? YOU KISSED LAURANCE! THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG!" I yelled, the tears returning, and I almost immediately regretted it as I saw the hurt in her eyes.

"Garroth, he forced it. He didn't let go of me, and he even apologised before doing it." She defended, and I bit down on my lip, making it bleed.

"You expect me to believe that? You might be lying for all I know." I say, and tears begin to brim at Aphmau's eyes. I look away.

No.

Don't do it Garroth.

She kissed Laurance.

She doesn't deserve your care.

I look at her again.

But...

I look away.

"You have to believe me Garroth, please." She pleaded, and the image flashed in my head: their lips locked. She touched my arm and I flinched away.

"Stay away from me." I hiss, and she looks shocked before that shock turns into anger.

"Now you're being irrational! Why would you think I'm lying!" She begins to raise her voice.

"Because you probably lied about all the times you said anything nice to me because nobody sees me like that at all!" I yell back, the insecurities I thought I had fought off returning, but this time stronger.

"What? What type of accusation is that! Of course they were all true!" She screamed back, and I felt more tears stream down my cheeks, tears that hold so, so many emotions.

Anger.

Sadness.

Regret.

Brokenhearted.

Love.

Annoyance.

Insecurity.

"There's another lie!" I yell back, and she looks so hurt, a small whisper from my heart tells me to stop, but my emotions and memory were telling me otherwise.

"Why did I even become friends with you! I should just have requested for no partner!" I yelled, and Aphmau stood still, her eyes wide with hurt and sadness.

Stop it Garroth, that's enough.

Continue, she deserves it.

Garroth.

She deserves it for that kiss.

It was forced.

NO IT WASN'T. ALL THE LIES.

My inner demons were slowly taking over, and I was going insane.

"Well maybe none of this love stuff would have happened if you didn't live here in the first place!" She screamed back, and I stumbled back.

"I'm sorry I didn't want to be some homeless teenager who lives on the streets!" I say, and tears are streaming down her cheeks as well. I feel a growing urge to grab three tissue boxes so I could wipe them up and make her smile again, but in the current situation I couldn't.

"You got kicked out because of all your problems! You came here because of your problems! Don't you ever realise that you're the problem?" She yelled back angrily, and each word felt like a stab in my heart. She immediately regretted her words the minute they left her mouth.

"I'm not taking this." I say through gritted teeth, and Aphmau's hazel eyes are now filled with regret.

I begin to walk towards the door.

"No, Garroth, I'm sorry. I just- I- Garroth no, please don't leave." She pleads, grabbing onto my arm. I flinch away, looking at her in disgust while I was sure a large lorry filled with regret would run me over several times later.

"Leave me alone. We're done." I open the door, and walk outside, slamming it behind me.

Oh look, I can hear the honking of the horns in the distance.

I walk off the porch and further, frequently turning behind to look at the house and a panicking Aphmau through the window.

Oh, here comes the lorry.

Vroom!

One.

Vroom!

Two.

And many, many more run overs.

It starts to rain heavily, and I look at a rippled puddle in front of me. My reflection looked back, showing my confused and regretful emotions.

Was she right?

Am I the problem?