[26] new kids and crushes

"We have even more students coming in today class!" Mr Burt clapped his hands together, and Aphmau and I looked at eachother, then looked over at Laurance, Dante and Cadenza who had similar facial expressions.

"More new kids?" Aphmau said, and I smiled.

"It's okay. You were a new kid." I say, and she grins.

Three kids walk into the classroom, all girls. One waves at Aphmau and Aphmau excitedly waves back.

"Introduce yourselves, girls." Mr Burt said, and the pink-haired one raised her hand first. She had black cat ears protruding out the top of her head and a black tail. She had bright pink hair and yellow eyes, and was dress in a puffy black dress with white lace spread evenly across the front.

"Kawaii~Chan is so happy to meet all of you! Kawaii~Chan is very excited to meet new people and make new friends!" Her voice was slightly higher than Aphmau's, and I looked over at Dante, who was staring at her lovestruck.

I laughed and nudged Aphmau, and pointed over at Dante. Aphmau turned and looked, and giggled.

Mr Burt nodded and asked the next girl to introduce herself. She had light blue hair and light blue eyes, and wore a white jumper with shorts, as well as claw weapons attached to her belt.

"My name is Katelyn." She said, her eyes intimidating and fearless. She walked beside Kawaii~Chan and finally the last one walked up to the front.

She had flaming orange hair, somewhat like Cadenza's. She wore a black pointed hat, and a deep violet velvet dress. She had red eyes and wore black flats.

"I'm Lucinda." She said, and Mr Burt motioned for the other two girls to move next to her.

"Kawaii~Chan, you can sit next to Dante and Cadenza. Katelyn is beside Laurance and Nicole, and Lucinda beside Gene and Sasha." Mr Burt pointed at their respective seats. Both Aphmau and I watched as they went to their seats, Dante flushing a deep red as Kawaii~Chan took her seat beside him. Cadenza and Aphmau were uncontrollably giggling, and Laurance looked at me then back at the scene, and I rolled my eyes.

"Why did you wave to cat girl just now?" I tapped Aphmau on the shoulder and she turned around, the light shining through the window reflecting on her beautiful hazel eyes.

"Oh, Kawaii~Chan? She's one of the people that helped me build my house. Technically she drew the blueprints and everything, but still. There's another one who actually built the house she drew, but he doesn't come to this school. She just transferred." Aphmau grinned, and I nodded in amazement.

"Your friends can build houses?" I ask, and she smiles and nods.

"Okay, that's that. So class..."

•••

"Hey, can Kawaii~Chan eat with us? She's one of my old friends and-"

"W-What?" Dante cut Aphmau off, and we all started laughing.

"Cadenza is eating with us today as well, Donna didn't come so there's nobody to eat with her." Laurance said, and we all nodded.

We all walked over to the usual spot in the corner and Cadenza and Kawaii~Chan came over moments later, and Dante was sweating like a mad man.

"Hello Garroth~Kun, Laurance~Kun, Dante~Kun and Aphmau~Senpai!" Kawaii~Chan walked over with Cadenza behind her.

Cadenza sat beside Aphmau and I and Kawaii~Chan sat next to Dante and Laurance. Dante was a literal tomato at this point.

"So when are you planning on telling her?" Cadenza whispered to me as the rest were engaged in conversation. I felt my cheeks heat up.

"T-Tell w-who what?" I stutter, and Cadenza giggles.

"You know who I'm talking about." Cadenza nudged me and tilted her head towards Aphmau.

I rubbed my hands nervously under the table, all the memories of the past event coming back to me. Mild tingling could be felt in my hands.

As you could tell, this is a touchy subject.

"Just give me time Cadenza." I mumble, and Cadenza nods in understanding. I look over at Aphmau who's happily sharing our time at the beach yesterday, her cheeks a light rosy colour and her eyes full of excitement.

I take off my glasses to rub my eyes and catch my reflection in the lens.

My eyes were sparkling, I'm never going to get used to that.

It was a small sparkle, nothing compared to Aphmau's gorgeous ones, but it was a sparkle nonetheless.

I smiled and then rubbed my left eye, and put my turquoise glasses back on.

I look up and Aphmau is now looking at me, grinning.

"Right Garroth?" She asked, and I was confused.

"Sorry, I didn't hear." I run my hand through my hair, and she rolls her eyes while smiling.

"The beach yesterday was fun right?" She asks again, and I nod. I notice Laurance smirking at me and my light blush from before deepened, but luckily Aphmau didn't notice.

"So Laurance, what do you think of Katelyn?" Cadenza suddenly asks, being the nosy girl she is.

"She seems chill, I guess." Laurance shrugs, and I take one look at Cadenza's face and I know exactly what she's thinking.

"Prom is in three months, who are you guys planning to ask?" Cadenza suddenly brings up the topic, and my eyes widen as my cheeks redden. I glance over at Aphmau who is grinning, probably knowing why I look like the sun.

Laurance, Dante and Cadenza subtly wink at me as Aphmau is rambling to Kawaii~Chan, and I cough on purpose.

"We don't have to worry much about that now, do we? I-I mean it's three months away a-a-and-"

"I know who Garroth's going to ask, for sure." Laurance smirks, tilting his head towards the extremely oblivious Aphmau.

"Really? Who?" She asks, cramming the remaining strands of noodles into her mouth.

"You can find out for yourself in a few months, Aph." Cadenza giggled.

Aphmau shrugged and just drank her water; while everyone else remained teasing me, and occasionally Dante.

Prom...

How am I going to gather the courage to ask her?