Goodbyes

"Scared yet?" Calum asked in a whisper.

"No" Michael replied with a hard swallow.

The lights throughout the entire building went black. The hallway where Michael and Lena stood was as dark as Calum's twisted heart, if he even had one. Michael wrapped his arms around Lena making sure she didn't leave his side. A blood curdling scream was hurt a few doors down and the lights flickered on again.

Lena looked up at the wall behind them "Michael" she said grabbing his arm.

He turned around. The word "Run" was written in blood followed by a smiley face.

"Go!" He said pushing her forward down the hallway.

Again the lights flickered, revealing a haunting shadowy figure standing in front of them. It was Calum holding his knife "boo" he smiled.

Lena was about to scream but Michael covered her mouth with his hand "if you scream he'll get you" he whispered.

She closed her eyes.

The lights went on and Michael ran ahead pulling Lena behind him "we have to get you out of here!" He followed the exit signs that illuminated through the random darkness.

"Why is he doing this?" She asked.

"I don't know!" Michael replied "keep running!" He said noticing she was dragging along behind him.

"Okay I-I will" she replied out of breath.

"You can run but you can't hide!" Calum's voice echoed throughout the halls.

"Why can I hear him!" Lena yelled with fear.

"He's nothing like you've ever known, he's real!" Michael didn't stop running ahead.

They finally reached a part of the hospital where doctors ran frantically through the building trying to help themselves and patients escape to safety.

"Stay close" Michael said pulling her towards him but continuing with his fast walking pace.

People pushed and shoved them, running ramped to leave the haunted halls and doing whatever it took to make it out alive. Then like a cold chilling breeze on a winter night Calum appeared in the room with his weapon of choice placed in his hand "I'm going to count to three and if you don't offer up Lena before then, I'll kill you all!"

The doctors looked at each other and ran as fast as they could in the opposite direction only for the doors to be slammed shut.

"You heard him! Offer her up!" A man yelled.

"No!" Michael yelled putting his arms around her.

"One" Calum started.

"What's one life compared to all of ours?" Another shouted.

"Two" he smiled.

"It's all his fault! I don't want to die!" A patient said lunging for Michael to push him in front of his own monster.

Lena spun around taking the hit for him. She was pushed across the room and hit the floor skidding to Calum's feet. She looked up slowly.

"Three" he said bending down to be eye level.

"No!" Michael shouted running over.

Calum waved his hand through the air sending Michael flying backwards hitting the wall "I don't recall you being so pretty" he said staring into her terror filled eyes "let's take a walk, just you and me" he smiled wickedly, snapping his fingers and making them vanish.