Dreams

"You look so snugly in your straight jacket" Calum laughed teasingly.

Michael didn't reply. He rolled over in his bed to face the wall.

"Don't just ignore me!" Calum walked over to Michael and sat at the end of his bed "tell me what's going on"

Michael kept his eyes closed.

There was a silence.

"Why do you care?" Michael finally asked with his eyes still closed.

"Because I want to know!" Calum raised his voice with annoyance.

"You can figure it out on your own, you share my thoughts..you're practically one of them.." Michael buried his head into his pillow.

"I can't! I can't do that anymore.."

"What?" Michael asked rolling over onto his back and looking up at Calum who had leaned over him.

"I said I can't do that anymore, I can't hear your thoughts..I don't know why but I can't!" He scrunched his face up.

"You seriously can't hear any of my thoughts? I'm free? I have a free conscious?" Michael sat up in excitement of his new ability, making Calum lean back "what am I thinking of right now?"

Calum starred in confusion.

"Go on, guess!" Michael smiled.

"Uh...food?" He asked.

"No!" He jumped up "you can't hear my thoughts!"

Calum watched as Michael jumped around the room with excitement.

"Maybe I'm getting better!"

Calum laughed "oh Michael..you don't understand do you?"

Michael stopped jumping "don't understand what?" He asked.

Calum stood up and walked around the room with his hands in his pockets "since I can't hear your thoughts and only mine, that means I'm becoming my own person" he smiled wickedly "I'm forming into my own being capable of doing whatever the hell I want"

The room was still.

"I can't hear your thoughts anymore but I can still feel your emotions, want to know what I feel? Fear" he smiled "are you scared of me?"

"No" Michael replied.

Calum stepped forward so his nose was an inch away from Michael's "liar" he whispered.

"I'm not afraid of you" Michael tightened his eyebrows and pushed his forehead against Calum's "you're just a figment of my imagination"

Calum stepped back. His facial expressions became loose "Clifford, what did you call me?" He asked.

"I said you're not real!" Michael yelled.

"I'm not real? I'm
Not real! Well how's this for not real!?" Calum yelled disappearing.

Michael's heart rate increased and his breathing became faster as he waited in the all too silent room. There was a knock on the door that made his heart stop. He slowly turned around and it opened. Calum stepped inside pulling a blonde boy by the hair and throwing him to the floor in front of Michael. He shut the door behind him.

"Who's this? What've you done?" Michael asked Calum.

"You don't recognize him? It's Luke Hemmings!" Calum walked forward and kneeled down next to Luke. He grabbed his hair and tilted his head up to face Michael who gasped.

"What've you done to him!" He yelled.

"Me? Nothing, I'm not real remember! You did it! It was all you Michael!" Calum let go of Luke's hair and stood up wiping his hands on his shirt.