Chapter One

So this is the very first chapter to my very first book. I really don't have any expertise in this so if it needs help, let me know. Its pretty short but that means the next chapter will come soon. Comment, Vote, Lemme know how I'm doing.

Thnx a ton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd done it. Finally. Walking out of that building I felt all the weight lift off my shoulders. I'm finally getting my chance for a fresh start on life and I swear on my own life that I wont mess it up this time.

Lately my life has been a total train wreck. After what happened two months ago I've been constantly reminded about the biggest mistake of my life. The only thing keeping me sane is my forever loved best friend Catrinne whom I've been calling Kat since the second grade.

As I walked out of the school for the last time my thoughts grew even more solemn as I saw her standing at our favorite meeting place. My parents had announced to me what most teenagers with one year left in high school dread. We are moving. Not only moving but living four and a half hours away. It would be hard moving away from the place I've always known and even harder moving away from Kat.

I saw her face lit up as she finally spotted me and bounded over to where I was standing. As she rambled on about the exam we had just wrote my thoughts drifted again.

They seem to be doing that a lot today.

For the millionth time in my life I wondered why the drop-dead-gorgeous-super-smart- graceful-ballerina-always-knows-what-to-say-girl has spent the last ten years being my best friend.

I was brought back to the present as she snapped me out of my daydream by enthusiastically waving a perfectly manicured hand in front of my face.

"Um, Terry? You alive in there?"

I gave her a brief nod which earned me a well deserved glare.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. Just thinking too much again."

Kat is a no-nonsense kind of girl. She sets an appropriate amount of grieving time to any situation and then insists you get on with your life. Which is exactly the mission she is on right now. Before I can even figure out what happening I'm halfway to her car and having my arm yanked off in the process. She threw me towards the passenger side door and I quickly got in knowing better than to argue with her. As we pealed out of the parking lot she started the conversation with a large sigh.

"I can't believe your still not over what happened. Like sure, I know he completely humiliated you in front of everyone and broke your heart but it's been two months! You need to find a new guy."

"it's not that simple; and why would I look for a new guy when I'm moving away in less than two weeks?"

She sighed again, clearly defeated on my last comment. I thought about my parents sudden decision to move away from the city in hopes of fulfilling their dreams of owning a farm. I personally think they are crazy but have been inwardly persuading myself that this is something I want too.

Looking around I realized where Kat intended to take me. We turned the corner and pulled in front of my favorite shop in the city. I leisurely strolled into the shop enjoying the smells of tea and fresh baking. The shop is a used bookstore/tea shop which includes both of my favorite things. I smiled as I sat down by the window, watching Kat order my favourite flavour of tea. Lemon Zinger.

She returned with the steaming cup and set it in front of me.

"Your family is going to visit the new house tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah we are."

"I'm coming with you."

I breathed a sigh of relief. Tomorrow would be much more bearable with Kat there. As I drank my tea she talked about everything from the latest fashion to why the sky is blue and I found myself forgetting about everything that's been happening and enjoying myself.