Chapter 11

Silas nodded and just let him go. He knew not to push. If Anders wanted to talk he would in his own time. He wouldn't chase after him, though there was a part of him on the inside that wanted to just throw all common sense out the window and do just that. Turn him around, pin him against the wall and, then what, like Anders would want anything to do with him, not to mention the fact that He had other needs that he needed to take care of.

Finding out what happened to Genny...trying to track down Drew and Liberty...if they were on the streets then Liberty wouldn't make it long, and if they somehow ended up in the system. If god forbid Genny was dead, then who had she named as their guardians, and what if Liberty was dead? His stomach twisted up in knots as he forced himself not to go there in his mind....

Anders was right about that at least. Silas had plenty of experience and if Anders would have let him in, he might have told him that, but he wouldn't push that's how he'd lost Autumn. A couple more deep breaths as he tried to let the music still him, music that would fill Anders room, though Anders was probably not open to it. Maybe he should just leave them for an hour or two and go looking for answers, Freya would be safe with Ezra in their dream but he'd promised her that he wouldn't be far and he didn't want to leave any of them unprotected if her father or any one of his friends came hunting.

Silas would look over to the two of them and smile, Ezra and Freya were locked in a tender, yet sweet lovers embraceas still as a statue so long as she stayed in Ezra's arms. He ached for that, for Autumn and Ace and yes perhaps even for something new.

Anders surprised himself and did not slam the door shut to his room, he wanted to, but for Frey and, he guess Ezra he wouldn't. He plopped on his bed, plugged his ear buds into his ears and let the riff of a good song take him away for a while. It wasn't that is was not excepting of the music, it is that the the music entwined with each other. Calming, music had alway done that for both of them.

The real world was unimportant at the moment, except for the deep knowledge that somewhere there Silas, and even Anders were there, watching over, protecting them. Freya could only hope that she could return it, it was hard to say for her when that would happen. She did not like feeling weak, or as needy as she did right now.

She held tighter to Ezra, both in the real world and in the dream. Her eyes lifting and meeting his in the dream. "How is this happening?" she asked softly. "How did we get here?" She felt safe in his arms, and that safety gave her, her voice back, her need to question and find out what was going on.

Ezra kissed Freya in the dream. It was the only thing that he could think of to reassure her that he wasn't just going to abandon her, Yes there were other issues, family stuff, that he had an obligation to try and fix, since he blamed himself for what had happened, but she was so magical, just as she'd always been in the dreams, dreams that had turned to nightmares ever since the witch poisoned his life.

The nightmares were stripped away now, and all that seemed to matter was that he was there with her, in the peaceful place. The music faint in the background.He didn't see the dancing women or the guitar player..as they remained curled in the field of flowers, he didn't want to leave. The oakly woman would speak again, though only Freya would hear her.

"You must find that part of yourself that you lost child, only then will you remember that he's always been there, even when he wasn't..."

The music faltered and one of the dancer's would fall screaming Silas' name as she did...He spun around and quickly ran to Ezra and Freya to shield them and strengthen the connection between them, to keep them safe, to keep the music going. It was as though one of the dancer's had been stabbed in the heart over and over again repeatedly as the darkness tried to overpower the light. Freya would feel his hand on her back...his soft voice whispering for her not to let go of them.