Kirk

It was a routine beam-down mission. You were part of the landing party, as always, and you thought it was just a normal day.
You didn't know that this planet held strange alien life unlike any the enterprise had ever seen.

Normally, Captain Kirk accompanied the landing party, eager for adventure, but this time Bones had grounded him to the bridge with the diagnosis of a cold. James was mostly fine, but Bones wouldn't budge.
You were dissapointed, you looked forward to seeing Captain Kirk during beam down missions, and you had developed a crush on the bright blond during your time on the enterprise. Being captain and all, he was often too busy to see you much.
But missons we're different. You weren't just a member of the crew then, you were his friend, his ally, and you had both saved each other's lives several times.

So with a sad sigh you stepped onto the transporter pad, and as you watched the golden lights of the transporter surround you, all you could think about was Jim.

The planets surface was hot and swampy. Deep purple willows hung their long fronds into iridescent pools, and alien birds sang strange melodies in the foriegn air.
It was dark, nearly nightfall by the ship's rekconing, and you could see no more than fuzzy outlines of your companions in the twilight.

You reached for your tricorder, wishing it had a flashlight, when your communicator vibrated in your dress pocket.
You flipped it open "landing party to enterprise" you said.
"Hey, (y/n)" Jim's voice rang through the communicator, relaxed and flirtatious, you could almost see the wry smile you were sure was on his face up in the enterprise, "what's going on down there?"

"Not much Jim" you said, "it's too dark to really see anything" then you noticed a twinkle of blue light, like a firefly, then another, and another.
"Wait a second Jim, I mighta found something" you said as you walked slowly towards the light. More of the blue fireflies flickered on, creating a mesmerizing effect.
"(y/n), what is it?" Jim said impatiently, frustrated that he couldn't see it for himself.
But you barely heard him as you walked closer and closer to the fireflies, enraptured by there flourecent light. It was almost as if you couldn't look away.

"(y/n)? (y/n)!" Kirk's voice echoed conceredly from the communicator, but it slipped out of your hand and hit the soft soil below.
You were only inches away from the lights now, which had multipled to thousands, all moving and twinkling in the dark. You reached out to touch one.

"(y/n)? Are you there? Come in." Kirk's voice sounded muffled from the communicator face down in the dirt.
His voice was the last thing you heard before a blue light touched your outstretched hand and you lost conciuousness.

When you woke up, harsh artificial light greeted your eyes and you winced, screwing your eyes shut again.
You heard a gruff voice, familiar from your time on the enterprise.

"I told you Jim, you can expect her to wake up soon, but that took a lot out of her, she needs time to heal-"

You made a soft noise, and heard footsteps coming closer. You chanced opening your eyes again.
You were in med-bay, back on the enterprise, and Bones and Kirk were standing at your bedside.
"Well, speak of the devil" Bones snarked, scanning you with a tricorder, "you're recovering well, but you'll need to stay for another 24 hours of observation, just to be safe" he finished punching in your information into a PADD, and then looked between you and Captain Kirk.
"I'll give you two a moment" he said, and ducked out behind the privacy curtain.

"(y/n), how are you feeling?" Jim asked, concern written on his face.
"I'm alright Jim," you said, "what happened?"
"You touched this creature down on the planet's surface, it feeds off of energy, and it tried to consume you. It almost did, you were nearly dead when we beamed you back to the enterprise" he said.
You rubbed your eyes, "how long was I out?"
"A few days. It really took a toll on you. Bones thought we could have lost you" Jim cleared his throat and clasped his hands together.
"(y/n). When Bones told me that, I... I got scared. Real scared... worse I think, than ever before in my life, and.. it made me realize that... that I have feelings for you. And I can't lose you... because you're just too special to me. And I understand if you don't reciprocate how I feel, but I wanted you to know"
You gasped softly. You had always hoped Jim might love you someday, and here it was, staring you in the face.
You sat up on the hospital bed, "Jim, come here"
He came closer, and you cupped his face in your hands, staring into his icy blue eyes and wishing you could find the right words to tell him you felt exactly the same way.
You ended up skipping the words bit and kissing him softly.

Maybe this could express what you were trying to tell him all along.

A/N hey! I thought I'd start with Kirk, sorry it's so short. Please comment!