Chapter 28

SaPoV

When we were done with shopping, we went for some lunch. We found a little cafetaria where I ordered some junk food. Carlisle tried to order for me some healthy food but I kicked his shin and told the waiter with a flirty smile what I wanted. The waiter left us and Carlisle was rubbing his leg. I ignored him and sipped from my soda.

Suddenly I saw a flower-shop across the cafe, and I got up to get my answer to the daffodil. I was planning on getting an orange rose which means enthusiasm but now I was going for a yellow carnation since it disappoints me that he wants my forgiveness yet he tries to make decisions for me without permission.

Once I returned to the cafetaria, I saw a waitress in my seat. "Excuse me but don't you have work to do?" I asked her feeling slightly jealous. She was pretty, one of the few true beauties you see these days.

"Hmm, yes sorry this gentleman was asking me something so I sat down to talk. I apologize, have a good day." She said and left. Didn't expect that.

Carlisle was watching me with a little amusement, desire and love in his eyes. "What?" I asked in wonder and reminded myself that he wouldn't be getting any for a while.

"Nothing. Our food is coming."

"Oh, before I forget I got you something." I gave him the flower. "I hope you can figure out what I mean with it." He knew what the flower meant but why I picked this one confused him a little. I ate while he tried to figure out why I picked this particular flower. After lunch I apologized to the waitress for my rudeness. She accepted luckily and wished me luck with my pregnancy. I ate my food and while I was drinking my water, my phone rang. It was Demetri.

"Hello Demetri, what can I do for you?" I asked.

"Hello Sahra, I was calling because I was wondering if you would like to talk tonight."

"Of course we can talk, where do we meet and what time?" I asked him. Carlisle looked up he probably heard what we were talking about.

"We are staying at the same hotel so I'll pick you up from the lobby at eight. Does that sound okay?" He suggested. Carlisle shook his head, a plea in his eyes.

"One moment." I answered. Then I asked Carlisle. "Why not?"

"When Aro hears of you being pregnant he either wants the child to die or he wants to kill us all for being an apparent threat. Also I had made plans for us tonight." He said adding the last part softly looking away. It sounded like he just didn't want his plans ruined.

"Demetri, eight sounds good. We'll see you then. Bye!"

"goodbye." He ended and I hung up. Carlisle looked like he was battling between anger, worry and just being upset.

"I think it's better to tell them before the child is born and suggest that they sent a guard who will report about the progress of the pregnancy and about the birth. That way they can see that the baby isn't a threat and we prevent a possible war." I explained.

"Then would it be all right if I came along with you? I just need to make sure you are safe. It's not that I don't trust you or Demetri, I just go crazy with worry about you. Especially now." He asked.

"Of course, I actually counted on you coming with me to them. I don't want to do this alone." I answered. At least not talking to the four of them. To the brothers It might be better to go alone. The relief was so strong on his face. He really worries so much about me? I never knew. I do worry about him too when he is working a whole day. Especially after the attack.