Chapter 26

SaPoV

He slapped me after ripping the papers in a million pieces. "How could you think of such a prank." He said with anger, hurt and hatred in his eyes and voice. I looked down the slap didn't hurt too much but the one who slapped me hurt my feelings. He doesn't believe me. I didn't answer him. Eleazar interrupted our fight before it got worse.

"Carlisle what is going on? Why are you so angry?" He asked. Carlisle glared at me first and then at Eleazar for being stopped.

"Sahira thought it funny to give me fake papers stating that she is pregnant." I felt tears come to my eyes. The vamps gasped.

"Sahira is this true? Did you do that?" Carmen asked. I nodded my head mumbling incoherently. Once again many gasps and even a few growls.

"Speak up, dear. We can't hear you." She said.

"I said, that I did get papers on me being pregnant but they aren't fake." I repeated. A second slap. He had slapped the same cheek, it stung.

"You're lying." he growled. I shook my head no but ran upstairs after changing the small pieces back in a whole.. I wasn't going to run away, I just needed to be alone for a bit. I didn't want the chance to get hurt again. I ripped the blankets off and sat in a corner wrapped in the blankets.

"Sara, are you okay?" Alice. "Carlisle is out hunting with Eleazar and the boys." I felt relieved at that. Which was strange. I never felt like that before.

"Sara, we're coming in." Rosalie. They walked in looking around. once they saw me, Rosalie lifted me up and put me on the bed. They sat on the bed too. "Sara, please tell us everything. Are you really pregnant?" She asked.

"Yes, I am. I found out when I was visiting Sam and the packs. I had to throw up usually in the morning or whenever I woke up after falling asleep, I also feel a certain need to protect my stomach and lower regions. and when I hunt I always go for mountain lions and bears but I felt like taking easy and safer and more disgusting prey like deer. Emily said I had the pregnancy glow and I wanted to be sure before telling anyone. I had gone to Sue with Leah to make sure Alice couldn't see anything. Once she had the results she explained that the wolf gen and vampire venom are cancelling each other out so we have the suspicions that it will be a human maybe with a little heightened senses but that's all. I shouldn't have told him."

"How far along are you?" Tanya asked.

"Ten weeks. What I don't get is why he think I would lie about this. This is something important to me too and I can not lie to him." was my answer.

"We'll help you to let him see the truth. Though I get why he reacted like this. Edward said once that Carlisle's only wish now was a child of his own, but that he crushed his wish knowing it could never happen and if it did happen that he would lose you because of possible dangers. He is scared and he just doesn't believe it yet. I mean, he has believed that he could never have a family of his own flesh and blood for more than three hundred years, and then suddenly he finds he is mated to his natural enemy, who claims she can give him something he believed wasn't possible for his entire existence." Rosalie said. We all looked sad that he thought like this. Now I felt guilty for making his fears stronger. the men came back after another half an hour.

The girls and Carmen went back to their respective partners. I followed them downstairs looking for Carlisle because I wanted to talk things out, but he hadn't come back with the others. My heart ached, knowing it was because of me he hadn't come back. "Sara, Carlisle is coming soon he had to hunt a while later than us because he took his anger out on his first few prey, once he realised he hurt you. Carlisle never meant to hit you, he truly thought it was a joke and he just didn't like the idea of that." Eleazar explained what they talked about. I looked down, nodded and went back to my room.