1

It was just a normal weekend in the Lalonde household. A thin, blonde girl by the name of Roxy was sitting on  their couch in boredom. Roxy was awaiting her best friend, Jane Crocker, to arrive. Rose Lalonde, her mother, was nowhere to be found. She was most likely in the office of the huge mansion, writing yet another book for her series.

There was a knock on the door, and the blonde haired girl sprung from her spot on her couch. Swinging it open, she revealed a curvy, raven haired female.
"Janey, you're here!" Roxy said, as if her friend would never have come. Which had never happened.
"I sure am." Jane said with a small smile. She stepped into the house when Roxy moved over. Closing the door behind her, Roxy bounded over to her friend in excitement.
"What should we do today?"
"I was thinking I could teach you some of the Crocker baking skills. We'll have to go to the store though."
Roxy smiled brightly, nodding. She then frowned at the last bit. Her mother would never drive them.
"Okie dokie! We can walk there!" She replied, the excitement back in her eyes. Jane sat down her bag sleepover supplies and opened the door for Roxy. 

"Shall we go, Ro-Lal?" Jane questioned.

"We hella shall." Came Roxy's reply, as she took her friend's hand in her own. Roxy skipped out, as Jane walked calmly behind her. Shutting the door, they began the small adventure to the local grocery store. Roxy began to cross the not-usually- very busy road, not paying attention. All she heard was, "Roxy, wait!" and the loud sound of a horn honking before everything went black.