Chapter 6 [Pic of Apollo]

Chapter Six

Selene's POV

I had to wait a whole other day until the doctors finally were convinced I was fine. Even though I'd been telling them that for 24-freaking-hours earlier.

As soon as I was released, I went home and took a shower. Yup. I took a shower. What? Hospitals are gross. And my hair was a mess.

After my shower, I threw my ink black hair into a messy bun, but some of the strands ignored my will and fell into my face anyways. I just brushed them behind my ear lazily, realizing I was home alone. Everyone else was gone.

I picked up my phone to call Katrina and tell her I was home, but just then my phone rang. It started playing "Sexy Can I." I laughed softly. I told Katrina she could choose her ringtone for my phone, and that's the song she chose.

"Hey Kat," I answered.

"Your home!" She screeched loudly. So loud, in fact, that I brought the phone away from my ear until she was done. I laughed.

"Thanks for noticing."

She ignored my sarcastic remark. "You remember Nick?"

Hmm... Nick as in the sexy new guy? What kind of question was that?! I couldn't get him out of my head.

"No," I told her drily.

Once again, I was ignored. "Anyways, I just saw him and was talking to him and he asked where you were and I was like, 'I don't know, home by now probably.' And he's like, 'Alright thanks.' And then he introduced me to Shane, who is him yummylicious friend and-" I cut her off.

"Kat! Shut the hell up while I try to process what you just said!" I practically had to shout.

So... I got two important matters out of that ramble.

1)     Nick was looking for me.

And...

2)     He had a smexy friend.

Wonderful.

"Did he say why he was looking for me?" I asked.

"I dunno," was Kat's genius reply.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I asked, irritated.

"I mean, I was too busy rating his friend. He's a 9. He's totally hot, but there's a trouble-maker look to his eyes. Eek! I change that! He's a 10! He's a Bad Boy! Hell yeah!"

I rolled my eyes. Katrina rated guys from 1(the ugliest) to 10(amazingly perfect).

"Alright. Can you come over? I need to tell you something," I asked.

"A so-important-you-can't-tell-over-the-phone something? Sure thing. See you in 3 minutes!" Katrina sang then hung up. I laughed and shook my head softly. Katrina was interesting to talk to.

I heard a sudden knock on the door.

Katrina? I wondered. Wow, she was fast.

I opened the door and almost gasped in surprise.

"I'm glad you're feeling better," He told me in that seductive, melodic voice.

"Me too..." I trailed off lamely, studying Nick and then his friend, who had to be Shane. Damn. Katrina wasn't kidding. But I thought Nick was cuter. "Come on in," I invited hopefully, stepping away from the door.

Nick shook his head. "I'm afraid we can't. Your being followed by ... former friend of mine and Shane's. It's not safe to talk here."

I frowned. I opened my mouth to ask a question, but was cut off when Katrina arrived. She stepped out of her red convertible and lowered her dark sunglasses to study Shane. I smirked. She was too crazy for guys.

"Hey Kat," I greeted.

"Sup Sel?" She responded absently. Finally, she tore her gaze off of Shan and turned to me. "You didn't tell me Nick and his friend were here!" She laughed in a playful tone, but I could hear a hint of accusation in there.

"Because I didn't know," I explained quietly before turning back to Nick. "She gets to come."

Nick gritted his teeth. "She can't."

"Hell yes she can!" I snapped. "Or I'm not going anywhere."

He sighed. "Fine. She may come. If she keeps quiet about everything she hears." I thought that sounded almost like a threat. He must've realized that too, or intended it that way, because he smiled as if it was an inside joke.

"How long will this take?" I asked as I started walking upstairs to get my jacket.

Nick hesitated, so Shane answered. "Dunno. Depends on how well you take the news."

I raised an eyebrow and descended the stairs, jacket in hand. "Meaning?"

"You take it well, then only a few days. You take it badly and go all psychotic freak on us, Nick will probably have to kill you. I would, but I don't do it as painlessly or skilled as Nick does it. But then again, he is Ap-" Shane stopped suddenly. I'm not sure if it was my stunned look, or the fact Nick's gold eyes began to flash dangerously.

"You'd kill me?" I asked in a quiet voice. Surprisingly, my voice didn't shake.

Nick hesitated again. "If I have to, then yes."

Great.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hehe.

I love when people threaten to kill other people.

It makes everything so interesting.

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!

Kiss a Wombat!