Chapter 1 [Pic of Selene]

Chapter One

Selene's POV

My stormy gray gaze glared at Jason so intensely that he cringed.

"Alright, alright! It's hidden under the pillow on the couch!" He cried out. I let go of his throat so he was finally able to avoid my gaze. I smiled innocently and left to the living room. I picked up the couch pillow but my cell phone wasn't there.

"You little git!" I shouted as he ran up the stairs. "Give it back!"

Jason's evil laughter filled the house. "Never you witch!"

"I swear when I get up there I'm gonna-"

"Clean your room," Came my mother's voice. "Selene, honey, he's only thirteen. Go pick on Zak if you must. Or, even better, find Jace an tell him to clean his room as well."

I smiled in amusement. I loved my mom. Most parents would be grounding me for yelling at my younger brother like that, but not her. She also grew up with no sisters, so she knew what I had to endure.

"Yes mum," I answered with a mock salute. "Or I guess I should be saying 'Yes ma'am' since I'm saluting."

She rolled her eyes with a soft laugh. "Clean your room Sel."

I grinned and started up the stairs. When I passed Zak's room, I heard his electric guitar blaring. I opened it and yelled, "Turn it down before you blow out my ear drums!"

Zak grinned at me and turned the volume up even higher. I took off my flip flops an threw them at him then shut the door before he could throw them back.

I rapped on Jace's door in a secret code that we knew.

"C'mon in Sel!" He called.

I opened the door and smirked. "Mum says you have to clean your room."

"That means you have to clean yours as well, so why are you smirking?"

"Cause she also said I was born first."

Jace jumped to his feet in protest. "She did not!"

"Yeah, she did!"

"No way! We all know I'm older!"

"Then why are you so immature?!"

"It's called knowing how to have fun!" He shot back.

I laughed and left his room. "This isn't over!" I called over my shoulder. I passed jason on the way to my room, who gave me a mischevious grin.

"Who's this 'Jacey Boy' that you have inthe contacts of your cell? You text him an awful lot! It even says, and I quote, 'Love ya!' in one text!" He demaned with an air of triumph.

"It's Jace you idiot."

His face fell. "Darn it!" I laughed. Jason wanted me to get a boyfriend sooooo bad that it was almost pathetic. Scratch that. It was pathetic. In fact, all my brothers waned me to get a boyfriend.

Since I just walked by Jason and into my room to start cleaning it, which is rather boring, I'll fill you in on my family.

My mom. She's super sweet, kind, and funny. Totally perfect. Her name is Diana.

My dad. His name is Scott, and he's a total workaholic. I swear, if that man isn't eating or sleeping (two of his favorite hobbies, I might add), he's working. Otherwise, he's a kin man, very stocky and muscular though, so he'd scare you if you didn't know him.

Zak. His full name is Zakary James Rashid. My eldest brother, who's in college. He's only home at the time because it's summer, but he'll be going back to his third year of college soon. He has a fiance, I might add. Her name is Jaylee Rose. She's a super cool chick, fun to hang around. I'm happy for them. Zak has short chestnut brown hair, that reminds me of autumn. His hazel eyes do too.

Jace. My younger twin. We often fight about who was born first. His full nam is Tyler Jace Rashid, but he goes by his middle name. As a junior in high school, he's the school's "it" boy. Yup. He's a jock. One of those handsome sports guys that you either want to date or want to be. Jace has shaggy, long, silky black hair and bright green eyes. All the girls who hang around me just to talk to him say he's "to die for." Ew.

Jason. My thirteen year old brother, who's full name is Jason Ace Rashid. Yeah, none of us like his middle name, but it was my great grandfather's name, who happened to die the exact same day Jason was born, so Mom felt obliged to name him that. Jason's long sandy blonde hair and deep blue eyes remind me of an ocean, which also happens to be his favorite place to be.

And finally, moi. My name is Thalia Selene Rashid. I go by my middle name, just as my, eh hem, younger twin does. My mom thought it'd be amusing to name me Selene, after the moon goddess in some myth, and name my twin Jace, which means moon. Ha ha. Not. Anyways, I'm a tomboy through and through. How can I not be, living with three brothers? I have long, wavy ink black hair (like Jace) but I have stormy gray eyes which turn darker or lighter dependin' on my mood. I mentioned earlier that all my brothers wanted me to date. Jace keeps trying to hook me up with his friends. It's not that I'm not pretty or anything, it's just... I don't know. I feel like I can't get attached to anyone yet.

You see, I've been havin dreams about a guy. A gorgeous guy, with hair that shines in the sun, and eyes as bright as the sun. I think they're just that... A dream. But who knows? Life in unpredictable.

I snapped out of my reverie when I heard Jason screaming like a little girl. I stepped outside, curious to know what was happening, and saw Jace with a knee on Jason's chest, threatening to spit on him. Looks like Jason stole Jace's phone too.

I laughed, rolling my eyes, and stepped back into my room.

Aww, my family. They're, erm, interesting. But you gotta love us.

Because everyone loves the Rashids!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I tried to introduce the characters in this chapter, and yet make it interesting at the same time.

How did I do?

Comment! Vote! Like!

KISS A WOMBAT!

Toodle-Ooo!