Chapter 4 [Pic of Jace]

• Dedicated to Loyal Fans! :]

Chapter Three

Nick's POV

I couldn't reveal myself to everyone.

But I couldn't let Selene die.

So I apparated to her room an picked her up. She dropped unconcious as soon as she was in my arms. Fortunatly, fire doesn't affect me. I guess I'm just too hot for it.

I had to pretend that I was at least somewhat mortal though, so I coughed as I stepped out of the house. The medics rushed over and took Selene from me, though, frankly, I didn't want to let her go.

Soon after, she was put in an ambulence on the way to the hospital. Her parents had gone with her. My heart ached to go heal her myself, but I couldn't. One; because I couldn't reveal myself. As I just said above. Duh. Two; her brothers were glaring at me evilly.

Explanation time.

"I, uh, ran inside when the firefighters weren't looking," I mumbled.

"And made it passed all those flames without a fingle burn?" Selene's older brother-what's his name again?-snarled.

"I dodged them..." I trailed off lamely. Did I ever mention I'm a horrible liar? Well I am.

Jace met my gaze and I could sense realization hit him like a wave.

"Damn it, guys, this is him!" He hissed, meaning to elbow the oldest brother, but hitting Jason in the face instead. Jason flinched and stumbled backwards.

"Watch it Jace!" He growled.

Jace paid no attention. By now both him and Zak-Yes! That's his name!-were gazing at my intensely.

Zak frowned. "How do we know for sure?"

Jace shrugged. "Dunno. Pour water on him. Maybe he'll melt."

Zak hit him. I watched them in amusement, getting the feeling Jace wasn't brilliant.

"Just ask him!" Jason spat, still mad that Jace had elbowed him in the face.

"No way! He might get mad!" Jace immediatly said, stepping back from me once.

"Look, guys, I'm standing right here. And as amusing as your little arguement is, I need to get home," I finally intervined.

Zak nodded. "Of course. May the gods watch your path."

I hesitated. "Gods? As in, plural?"

Zak smirked but didn't say anything.

I turned and jogged back towards the woods, my mind racing. They knew. They knew my secret. But how? And, the main question was;

What did Selene know?

~*~

Selene's POV

I woke up with a groan. My head was pounding. I glanced around my room, thinking, This is pretty...

The room was painted a soft purple color, reminding me of lilacs. I smiled in contempt, then started to lay back down. Within a split second, I shot back upright.

Where the hell was I?!

This wasn't my room. My room had black and lime green checkers painted on it. I started to panic, then got distracted by something bright blue. Yeah, I get distracted easily.

I turned and saw a vase of beautiful blue tulips. I smiled. Jace. A few years ago, we had an arguement. I said there was no such thing as a blue flower. Ever since, he has gone out of his way to find every type of blue fower t give me when I was in the hospital. Trust me, that's often. I'm freaking accident prone.

The last flowers were blue orchids. Now it's tulips.

Instantly, I knew where I was. The hospital. Why? Soon, memories of the fire came flooding back. Who saved me? I tried to remember, tried desperatley for an hour, but I couldn't. Every time I got close, it seemed my mind veered off track.

I heard a knock on the door and saw my mom come in. I smiled. "Hi Mom."

She smiled in relief. "You're awake! It's good to hear you speaking, sweetie."

"How long was I out?" I asked curiously. I figured only a few hours.

"Three days."

I did a double take. What?! Three days?! She must've seen my expression, because she added hastily, "It was more like two-and-a-half."

I groaned and leaned my head back, running a hand through my silky black hair. I wanted desperately to ask who had saved me, but I realized how stupid it would sound. ("Hey Mom, by any chance, did a hot guy who I've been dreaming of for weeks happen to save me from the fire?") Besides, it was probably just a firemen.

After an hour or so of chatting, Mom had to go. She kissed my forehead and promised to be back tomorrow.

I must've drifted off to sleep, because when I next awoke, I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder lightly. I groaned and sat up groggily. When I saw who was next to my bed, I was immediatly wide awake.

"Nick!" I exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

Nick's expression was somber. "You aren't safe here, Selene."

______________________________________________________________________________

Mwahaha!

Vote! Comment!

Kiss a Wombat!!

I love all meh fan out there!

Lots of Luffles ~ Moi. :]