Chapter Eight

NALA'S POV

"It.... It's a beaver." Lucy said with a confused look on her face.

As soon as Lucy finished talking, Peter let go of my hand causing me to frown as the warmth of his hand left from my body, making it even more colder. Which I found weird, as body temperature has never been a problem for me before. Shaking those thoughts out of my head, I watched as Peter started clicking and snapping his fingers towards the beaver, as if it was a dog.

"Here, boy." Peter started to click his tongue which in my opinion is stupid. "Here, boy." 

"I ain't gonna smell it, if that's what you want." The Beaver said causing the five of us to gasp in shock.

"Oh, sorry." Peter said embarrassed. As pink started to dust around his cheeks, from embarrassing himself in front of his siblings and me. Making Lucy and I to giggle as Peter stood back next to me.

"Lucy Pevensie?" The Beaver said, causing Lucy to stop her giggling and look at Mr Beaver in shock.

"Y-yes?" Lucy stuttered, confused how the beaver knew Lucy's name.

Mr Beaver suddenly gave Lucy a hankie that he must of grabbed out of no-where because the last time I checked beavers don't have pockets!!!!! So how in the world did he make a hankie appear all of the sudden!!! Wait I got it! He's a magician Beaver! What? Oh come on don't give me that look this is Narnia for baloney sake! Anything can happen!!! Like a lion being your father.... Wait why does it feel like I'm foreshadowing something? *shrugs shoulders* meh oh well, like I said this is Narnia so why can't we have a magic Beaver! *sticks tongue out at you* Neh!

"Hey, that's the hankie I gave to Mr Tum....." Lucy started but Mr Beaver interrupted her.

"Tumnus. He got it to me just before they took him." Mr Beaver said.

"Is he all right?" Lucy asked.

"Further in." Mr Beaver said turning around but before he turned around fully he caught sight of me and stared. "Bless my bark, it can't be her." He muttered before running off into the forest.

'Does he know me?' I thought to myself.

Peter, Lucy and I started to walk forward but we stopped when we heard Susan.

"What are you doing?" Susan exclaimed, causing us to turn around and face her.

"Seems right. How do we know we can trust him?" Edmund asked.

"He said he knows the faun." Peter said taking a hold of my hand which caused me to blush.

"He's a beaver. He shouldn't be saying anything!" Susan stated.

"Well Susan dear, you better get use to it as all Narnian's can talk. The next thing you know is that you'll be meeting a giant lion that talks!" I chirped which in returned I got a glare.

"Everything all right?" Mr Beaver said coming back.

"Yes. We were just talking." Peter said turning around.

"That's better left for safer quarters." Mr Beaver whispered but just loud enough to hear.

"He means the trees." Lucy and I said at the same time which just caused us to look at each other and giggle.

We all looked at each other before Peter turns around and pulled me along with him as our hands were connected.

'I wonder what it be like if our..... No bad Nala! Don't think like that! He probably doesn't even like you like that!' I scolded myself as we continued following Mr Beaver wherever it is we are going but I got a hunch were it is.

TO BE CONTINUED