Chapter Six

NALA'S POV

It was a nice sunny day, not a single rain cloud in the sky. Which is a good thing, due to the fact that it was raining all day yesterday. And since that it was a nice sunny day today, we all decided that we should spend our day outside.

Susan, Edmund and Peter are playing cricket whilst Lucy and I are sitting underneath a shady tree. The reason why Lucy and I aren't playing with the others are because Lucy didn't want to talk to her siblings and me being the awesome person I am...... Nahh just kidding I just wanted to sit with Lucy and read a book under the tree with her, whilst she was upset with her siblings.

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" Peter spectated himself as he threw the cricket ball, but since Edmund was in dreamland the ball hit his left thigh.

"Ow!" Edmund exclaimed rubbing his leg.

"Whoops! Wake up, Dolly Daydream." Peter said jokingly.

Susan walked over towards the ball and picked it up before throwing the ball at Peter who caught it in his hands.

"Why can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund asked causing Lucy and I to look back down at our books with a frown on our faces, well more of Lucy's face then mine.

"I thought you said it was a kid's game." Peter retorted walking back towards his spot.

"Besides, we could all use the fresh air." Susan said smiling.

"It's not like there isn't air inside." Edmund countered causing Susan to loss her smile.

"Are you ready?" Peter asked not looking up at the ball.

"Are you?" Edmund snapped back as he banged the cricket bat on the ground a few times.

Peter shook his head before taking a running start and threw the ball towards Edmund. Edmund swung the cricket bat and hit the ball making the ball to fly towards the house and smash a window pane. I stood up from her spot at the tree and gasp when I heard something hit the ground in the house with a loud bang.

Running as fast as I can in a skirt towards the house. I heard the siblings behind me, but I paid no mind to them as I ran towards the house. As I made it to the house, I quickly made my way upstairs and into the room where I knew the ball hit the window. The sight in front of me made me stop in my tracks and gasp in shock.

'We are so screwed when Mrs Macready finds out about this.' I thought to myself.

"Well done, Ed." Peter said with a slight glare at Edmund.

"You bowled it!" Edmund retorted.

"That doesn't help the fact that you freakin' broke the window and also smashed a historical artefact." I countered before sighing.

"What on earth is goin' on up there?" I heard Mrs Macready yell.

"The Macready!" Susan whispered-yelled to us.

"Come on!" Peter yelled grabbing my hand as he ran past me and pulling me along with him.

We're all running around the house hoping not to bump into Mrs Macready but every time we came to stairs we could hear Mrs Macready's heels clicking against the wooden floors.