Chapter 5

A/n: play the song on the side/whatever it is when you see the song lyrics because it's a really pretty song.

No one's POV

*Three months later*

Dan and Phil had become great friends and they both had definite feelings for each other.

Both of them were way too scared to confess but the ship would sail if one of them would just do it.

Phil had invited Dan over and he was going to confess. He didn't care if he got rejected and their friendship fell apart because they already had some good memories and he was thankful for that.

Phil's POV

I put the food on the table and I arranged the cushions.

I was really nervous and I could only focus on the negative.

Stay optimistic I told myself This will go great and nothing will go wrong.

I heard the doorbell ring, he was here.

I ran to the door and opened it "Hey, Dan!" I smiled and he walked inside

"Hey, I brought Emma," Dan replied.

They brought Emma to the playroom so that she could play with Kacey.

They walked to the living room and sat down on the sofa "I see there's no cheese," Dan chuckled.

"I'd cry if there was cheese," Phil laughed

Dan glanced at the scissors and laughed "Don't cry, craft!"

(I'm sorry I had to)

Phil laughed and his tone went serious "C-Can I tell you something?" He asked nervously.

"Sure," Dan replied, he'd never heard Phil sound so serious or nervous

"I haven't thought this through 100% so I might be a little slow on this," Phil began "I've sorta kinda been crushing on you for a while and I was wondering if um you'd like to date."

Dan sat there, his eyes meeting Phil's. His face was straight, Phil was nervous.

Was that all a mistake? Phil thought Did I stay optimistic for no reason? Did I gather all that courage for 3 months just to be knocked down again?

Dan stood up and stood in front of Phil. He leaned in, connecting their lips. Dan's eyes were closed and Phil's were wide open in surprise. After a few seconds he kissed back softly before Dan pulled back "Does that answer your question?" He chuckled and Phil nodded in response.

Phil reached for Dan's hand and he looked at him. Dan nodded and smiled "I was actually going to ask you that eventually."

"Well I gathered the courage quicker," He replied.

"When do you think we'll go on... You know... Our first proper date?"

"I'm not sure."

"Tomorrow night? I'll pick you up and arrange something nice,"

"That sounds good." Phil smiled.

They spent the rest of their time together at Phil's house cuddling, exchanging small kisses and watching movies.

Dan's POV

We sat there watching Home Alone. We didn't speak to each other that much but that was okay.

We just enjoyed being together and giving small kisses.

I could only think of the fact that he was now mine.