Chapter 2

Phil's POV

I stood there and smiled, I couldn't help it. I actually gave a guy my number.

I didn't know what his sexuality was yet but at least I have a friend, for now.

I sipped at my water and looked at my feet I wonder when he'll call me I thought as I moved the cup in circular motions, swishing the water around to make it like an ocean in a cup.

I decided to leave, everyone else wasn't interesting enough.

If you don't laugh at my animal joke then you're not interesting enough, that's my logic.

I got into my car and started driving and I turned on the radio.

I didn't have any CDs and that disappointed me, I could never find good CD stores.

I drove to my friend Cat's house, she was looking after Kacey, my kid. I couldn't find a good daycare and I didn't trust many of them so I just asked Cat and she was happy to do it.

I pulled into Cat's driveway and parked the car before I got out and walked to the door. She opened the door and smiled "Hey, Phil. How was the gathering?"
"Good," I replied "I met a guy who seemed pretty cool."
"That's good. Wanna come inside and have something to drink?"
"I'm fine, I have a few things today," I sighed and Cat went off to get Kacey.

Cat returned with Kacey in her arms, I smiled at her and picked her into my own arms "Thanks again, Cat." I smiled and walked back to my car and putting her into a car seat. I sat down and looked back at Kacey, she reminded me of her mother and it made me really sad.

I started driving home and it wasn't too far, Cat was always really nearby and that was handy.

As I was driving I could only think about Dan, I really wanted him to call me because he seemed so interesting. Something stuck out about him but I couldn't put my finger on what it was.

Dan's POV

I arrived at the daycare and parked my car on the side of the road near the building. I got out and slipped my right hand into my pocket, using my left hand to open and close doors.

I walked inside and smiled at the lady at the counter "Hi, I'm Dan. Could I collect Emma Howell?"
"Of course," she smiled back, "She'll probably just be in there." The receptionist pointed towards a door and I nodded and walked towards the door.

I was kinda nervous. What if it was the wrong room? Did I go to the right door? What if there's a murder going on in there? I'd have no clue what to do. I looked behind me and the lady gave me a reassuring nod.

I hesitantly opened the door and there was a girl at the door, no older than 20,
"Are you here to collect someone?" She asked, probably bored out of her mind
"Yes, Emma Howell." I replied almost immediately
"Okay, I'll go get her." She sighed before getting up and picking up Emma then handing her to me.
"Thanks," I smiled
"You can pay at the reception," She stated before sitting down again.

I nodded and left the room, that went well.... I think.

I went back to the reception and asked "How much do I need to pay?"
"£35, please," she answered and I pulled the money out of my wallet.
"Thanks," I smiled before walking out of the daycare, I just needed to buy dinner and then I could go home and do whatever I wanted.

I got in the car and put her in the car seat. I drove to the supermarket and just bought some baby food and some sushi that was in a fridge.

It probably wasn't like that stuff in fancy sushi bars but it'd satisfy me for tonight. I payed for the food and put everything in the back with Emma.

I started driving home and I was thinking about Phil When will I call him? I wondered Maybe in a few days, I don't wanna seem too desperate.

I got to the building of apartments and I got into the lift with Emma and the shopping.

I opened the door and put the food on the counter and I let Emma play with her toys.

I got the baby food ready and then I put Emma in the high chair. I searched for the bib and then put it on Emma. I made an attempt at feeding her and after a while she was fed.

I took her out of the seat and got the warm milk out of the microwave. I turned on the tv and sat down with Emma in my arm. I sighed That was a long day I thought and watched the tv while giving her the milk.

A/N:
Hey, guys! This is just a quick A/N and I just want to say that I don't know much about taking care of children so I'm just going to try my best but please comment if something is incorrect.