A rebellion? -7

Adriana's POV

The morning light was starting to peak through the curtains that closed me off from the world. Frostine came and woke me up half an hour ago leaving me with an hour to get ready to leave. Now I only had 30 minutes but I didn't want to get up. In only 30 minutes I would be on my way to the arena, to my death.

I got up and quickly dressed in my outfit for the arena. It was tight and seemed to be made out of the same material as a swimming costume. My hope for an arena full of water burst and I started to think that maybe I wasn't doomed to die. I brushed my teeth and braided my hair in its usual French braid. I had breakfast in my room.

"Addy, we have to go now "

Frostines quiet voice came through the door. My body tenses as I remember where I'm going. Another knock on the door makes me stand but when it swings open it isn't who I expected. At my door is Plutarch Heavensbee, head game maker and Haymitch.

" Adriana, we need you to protect Katniss, a rebellion is forming and she can lead it. We need you to protect her, Haymitch has finally allowed us to tell you. Finnick, Johanna and a few others are in on it too. There is a bug in the system and the cameras will start working again in about 15 seconds so I need your answer "

A rebellion? The Capitol could be over, no more games. I nod my head briefly as I hear a quiet beep of the cameras working again. They escort me from the room and to the roof where all the other tributes are waiting. I look at Haymitch, my eyes welling with tears that threaten to leak out. I hug him briefly and whisper in his ear.

" I'll be home soon "

I smile sadly and walk away to stand next to finnick. He takes my hand and I tense. What if he knew I was talking about him the other night? My interview was great, it made the Capitol talk about me but Katniss and Peeta got the most attention. Peeta claims that Katniss is pregnant. None of the victors believe them. Not a single one.

The doors to the helicarrier opened and we were marched in by the peacekeepers. We sat down in our seats and were injected with our trackers just as the doors closed. Finnick held my hand the entire time and I knew that this could be my last moment with him. If we weren't reaped, if we were never in the games where would we be now? Would we be together? It could happen, if he wasn't reaped we would have stayed friends. If I wasn't reaped I wouldn't be so broken.

Joanna looks at me with pity in her eyes, the oh so unemotional Johanna feels bad for me. She knows I love Finnick, she can tell. Haymitch can too. I'm sure anyone that payed enough attention could. The windows black and I know that we're getting close. My minds plays memories of my games in my head like a movie.

I'm running, sprinting so fast to try and get away. I'm not strong enough, I don't have a trident, I can't win. The tribute tackles me to the ground from behind. On instinct I smack him in the side of the head with the butt of my spear. Once I stand I throw it in to his body. I look horrified at the body, it was the first time I had used the spear on a person, I had been using knives. The spear was too light, much lighter than my trident. The body was entirely skewered, the spear stuck about 30 cm out of his back, the rest pierced through his body.

I'm running again, I lost my spear a while ago. It was too light
and I was done skewering people. I was running from the mutts, I don't know what they were but I could hear them. They whispered my name teasingly, hissing like a snake. They smelt of blood and made me want to throw up.

I was watching the district 2 male tribute being ripped to shreds by the mutts. The mutts that smelt so strongly of blood but were pure white. They were horrifying to look at, their skin looked so smooth like scales but with out the outline of them. They had a large mouth full of sharp teeth that we're currently eating the tribute alive. I was screaming but it didn't seem to effect them.

I was standing on top of the cornucopia, a small pile of bones and some muscle lay at the bottom near the entrance. The grass that was once a vibrant green now stained red with blood, though most of it had been licked up by the mutts. The hovercraft descended to pick me up and I climbed on to the ladder, stuck in place while I was lifted out.

The helicarrier landed and Finnick shook me to wake me from my daydreams. I sent him a grateful smile and spoke quietly to him.

" I'll see you soon "

He smiled sadly as the peacekeepers came and led us to our seperate catacombs. They were small rooms below the arena where we were prepped for one last time and had a final talk and goodbye with our stylists. I enter the room and am instantly embraced by Thalia.

We stand there for a while, just hugging. There was nothing else to do with my outfit on and my token already fastened around my ankle.

" 30 seconds till launch "

The automated voice speaks from the tube that would take me to the arena. I look at Thalia, panicked and scared. The arena isn't what scared me, not even the other victors. It's losing the ones I love. Losing Finnick and Johanna would be the end for me.

" Remember everything, remember that I love you, that Dixie loves you, Cyrus loved you and he wouldn't want you to die for this. For the same silly reason he did. Your dad loved you. Finnick loves you. Johanna loves you. Haymitch loves you. We are all waiting for you to come home "

I only manage to nod weakly at the end of her speech and embrace her one last time.

" 10 seconds till launch "

I walk slowly to the tube using up every last second that I have. The door seals closed and I glance at Thalia before the tube starts to rise, one single tear escaping before I can stop it. The bright light is blinding and I blink a few time before I look around. Water. I am surrounded by water.

Maybe these games won't be too bad.