6- I love you

" Close your eyes "

Thalia orders me. My interview is soon. I can feel the soft fabric slide up my body until it rests. I open my eyes and gasp. The dress is an ocean/sea foam green. The dress is loose and flows with thin straps, the skirt flares out and it ends at my feet.

The dress is almost the same as the one in my first interview. The other one was white without sleeves. When I had walked on everyone had commented on the lack of colour. I just smiled and spun around making the sparkles that sat at the bottom of the dress climb up. The dress changed in to a bright blue that matched my eyes. Everyone loved that dress.

Thalia left the room with me following her. We made our way to where we stand to wait. Finnick was already there, standing behind me. Beetee, the district 3 victor was still waiting for his turn. Finn's hand rests on my shoulder as we wait. Bruce, Enobaria, Cashmere, Gloss, Wiress and Beetee all have their goes and I have to go next.

" Introducing the Goddess of the Sea, Adriana Moore "

Caesar calls my name and I walk on stage. The bright lights are intimidating and make me self-conscious. I flash a smile at everyone as I walk making the crowd go wild. A smirk makes its way on to my face, for now, I am in control. Caesar waits for me at the front of the stage and I reach him in no time.

" So Adriana, there's one question everyone is dyeing to know the answer to, and that is, do you have a boyfriend? Are you currently in a relationship? "

The question makes my mind go crazy an I think about Finnick. I k ow I definitely like him as more than a friend but we could never be together. I know that, after everything we've been through it's not hard to love him. I am finally ready to admit it, but I think I've known that I've loved him for a while now.

" Well Caesar, they don't exactly know it but I love them. More than they could ever imagine. I hope they figure out that I'm talking about them. I love you "

Everyone smiles and coo's, some men have creepy smiles on their faces. Nice try, they know it's not them. Their precious sea goddess is in love, they just don't know who with.

" That's all we have time for, Adriana Moore everybody! "

Caesar applause me politely then kisses my hand before I walk away. I turn and move to my place at the back of the stage next to Beetee. He smiles at me which I return. The crowd suddenly goes wild, so loud I can't even hear Caesar. I know with out even looking that it's Finnick.

****** Finnick's POV ******

Adriana walks out through the doors in her gorgeous dress that perfectly suits her. The crowd goes crazy and I smile, a genuine smile not a smirk. The Capitol love her, everyone does. It would be hard not too, she's just so loveable. With one look you fall in to her trap. I'll admit, I have too. I've fallen completely and hopelessly in love with her, I have been in love with her since her games. Since I saw the pain I had caused her.

" So Adriana, there's one question that everyone is dyeing to know that answer to, that is, do you have a boyfriend? Are you currently in a relationship? "

I can see her thinking. I wish she did, I wish I was in a relationship with her. I wish she loved me, as more than a friend. As more than how she really does.

" Well Caesar, they don't exactly know it but I love them. More than they could ever imagine. I hope they figure out that I'm talking about them. I love you "

My head snaps up from where I was studying my shoes. I stare open mouthed at the screen that I've been watching her interview on. It could easily be a boy from district 4, someone that's been there for her over the years. But it could also be me.

" That's all we have time for, Adriana Moore everybody! "

Adriana leaves her spot on the stage and stands next to Beetee. The spot next to her is empty, soon to be filled by me. I think about what I'm about to do. Declare my love in front of everyone, but I'll never say Adriana's name so it shouldn't matter. I'm so nervous though, millions of thoughts clouding my head.

" Now for the Sea God, Finnick Odair! "

Caesar welcomes me, the crowd goes crazy. I can feel all the eyes on me and I instantly hate it. I hate them. Caesar makes small talk but he knows what he has to do. I have a message and Caesar know it. I'm just waiting for the question.

" Now Finnick, I believe you have a special message for someone out there? "

A small, smile rests on my face. Even if she doesn't know it's her, I'll have said something.

" My love, you have my heart for all eternity and if I die in that arena, my last thought will be of your lips "

Some girls in the crowd faint, some sigh and talk excitedly about their friends. Let them think what they want. I'm only think about one girl. The small, fragile yet strong, beautiful girl from district 4. My best friend.

A/N

Omg!!! So Finnick's POV finally!!! I got so much feels, they're in love! This chapter was great to write, and thanks to @Cbadgett because otherwise I would have completely forgot to update!
I do not own the hunger games, catching fire or mockingjay. I do not own Finnick, Haymitch, Katniss, Peeta or any other characters that I borrow from the lovely Suzanne Collins. I only own Adriana Moore.
Anna
xx