Chapter 6: Meet the Parents

Começar do início

"Mom I brought a date this time," Carter smiled.

"Sweetheart you bring dates every time," she paused, "Sadly, they were all floozies."

"I'm his date tonight Mom," Kent laughs, and wraps his arm around Carter.

"Get off me," Carter growls and pushes him away. We all laugh, and then his mom looks at me.

"Oh Hello," she smiles.

"Hi," I wave, and returned the smile.

"Mom this is Natalie," Carter smiled, "My date."

"Hello Natalie I'm Violet," she beamed, "You know you look familiar?"

"I do?" I question.

"She does?" Carter, Kent, Kai, AJ, and Cole say in unison.

"Yes she does," She replied,"Are you Christie Chambers daughter?" Carters eyes went wide.

"How do you know my mother?" I ask.

"Christie is one of my best friends," she smiled, "She's somewhere around here." Violet looked around the room, then stopped. "Well if I find her I'll tell her your here," she stated,"Oh Carter your father is looking for you."

"Okay," Carter sighed.

"Anyway, I look forward to seeing you at our family dinner tomorrow Natalie," she smiled.

"Well I wasn't invited," I sighed, and looked at Carter. Carter rolled his eyes, then sighed.

"Natalie would you like to go to the family dinner tomorrow," he frowned.

"I would love that thanks for asking," I smirked.

"Watch it," Carter whispered, and I chuckled. After talking with his mom for a bit, she walked off to go mingle.

I didn't realize that Cole, Kent, AJ, and Kai had been dragged to the dance floor by some old ladies. I stood there next to Carter who was glancing around the room.

"So my mom knows your mom," I sighed.

"What are the odds right," he breathed.

"Yeah," I paused, "You wanna dance?" He gave me a weird look then shrugged. I dragged him to the dance floor and he pulled me close.

"You're not as bad as I thought," I told him.

"Oh really," he smirked.

"I mean you're okay," I smiled. He chuckled, then he looked over my head and sighed. "What is it?" I asked.

"My father is coming this way," he sighed.

"Do you not like your dad?" I wondered.

"Oh I love my dad but," he paused, "I know he's going to lecture me about some of my previous decisions."

"Hello son," a deep voice boomed from behind me.

"Father," Carter sighed. We stopped dancing, and I turned around to look at his father. He was a middle aged man with brown hair, and blueish gray eyes. That's where Carter got his eyes from.

"Well if it isn't Natalie Chambers," his father smiled, "I haven't seen you since you were 5 years old. What are you doing here with my son?"

"She's my date," Carter replied.

"Really?" he father asked,"Usually he brings a floozy."

"They weren't all floozies dad," Carter sighed.

"Did he pay you to come here?" he whispered loudly, which cause Carter to roll his eyes. Technically yes he did pay for me, but I was forced to be here.