Chapter 31: Random Question

Natalie's POV

My eyes fluttered open, and the light filled my vision. Where am I? I saw a figure move towards the window, and the light dimmed. I rubbed my eyes, and realized that I'm in the hospital and I shot up.

"Look who's up," Carter's voice chuckles. I turned toward him, and he was sitting in a chair by the window. "Morning sunshine,"he smiled. As I examined him, I noticed that he was holding a blue bundle.

"Is that h-him?"I stuttered. Carter picked up a blue bag, and walked over to me.

"Natalie meet your son Kayden,"he smiled. He handed me our son, and I took him. I looked at Kayden, and stroked his head.

"He's beautiful,"I sniffled. Carter smiled and walked back over to his chair, and sat down. He started righting on a clipboard, but I didn't really care. I finally get to hold Kayden.

"Hello sweet prince,"I cooed.

"Sweet prince needs a middle name,"Carter chimed.

"Lets see here,"I smiled,"Kayden James Grayson." Carter smirked, and looked at me.

"Really?" he smiled,"You're gonna give him my middle name."

"Yeah,"I replied,"I like it."

"Okay,"he chuckled. Carter finished filling out his paper, and came over to us. He sat down on the bed next to me, and looked at Kayden.

"He's so cute,"I smiled.

"I think he looks like me,"Carter smirked.

"I think he looks like you too,"I laughed.

"You're both wrong," Cole spoke up,"The baby looks like a potato."

Carter and I laughed as Cole entered the room.

"What do you want Cole?"Carter laughed.

"Well I,"he paused,"I umm....uhhh...I want to...." Carter and I glanced a each other. Then a smile grew on Carter's face.

"You want to hold the baby,"Carter smirked. Cole was silent.

"Well come here,"I chuckled. Cole walked over, and I handed him the baby. He looked at the baby for a minute, and smiled. Cole looked.....happy.

"What's his name?" Cole asked.

"Kayden James Grayson,"Carter replied. Cole chuckled, and gave me back the baby.

"He's cute,"Cole mumbled, and walked out of the room.

"He confuses me so much,"I admitted. Carter chuckled, and leaned back in the hospital bed.

"You get used to it,"Carter laughed,"Just remember he doesn't like to show any kind of feelings or emotions. Which is why he doesn't have a girlfriend."

"Has he ever had a girlfriend?" I asked.

"One or two I think," Carter replied.

"Do you think Lynn likes Cole?"I asked.

"Nope," Carter answered,"Lynn is dating your brother."

"What?" I questioned,"How do you know?"

"I caught them making out in the hallway yesterday,"he laughed.

"Wow,"I sighed,"Hey, whats with this respirator?"

"The doctor said Kayden's breathing pattern is off, which cause him to suffocate or stop breathing,"Carter explained,"So, the respirator is to help him with his breathing pattern. In a few weeks he should be able to breath without it."

"Poor baby," I frowned.

"Hey Natalie," Carter yawned.

"Yes Carter,"I smiled, and turned toward him.

"This is just a random question but,"he paused,"How do feel about.....marriage?"

"It depends on who asks me,"I smirk.

"Oh really," he chuckled.

"Mhmm,"I laughed. Carter sat up, and looked at me then at Kayden.

"Well look who finally decided to open his eyes," Carter announced. I looked down at Kayden, and saw a pair of blue eyes.

"Yep he's you alright," I smiled. Carter laughed then grabbed Kayden's hand.

"Hey there little man," Carter cooed,"How are you?"

Kayden just looked at Carter, then he looked up at me.

"Hello there," I smiled, and kissed his forehead. Kayden just yawned, and kept looking at us.

"He has no idea what we're saying,"Carter chuckled. I laughed then looked at Carter.

"So,"I paused,"Marriage."

"Yeah," Carter sighed.

"You want to marry me?" I smiled.

"I said it was a random question," Carter stated.

"Well," I began,"If you did want to marry me, then you'd have to like kids."

"Obviously,"he laughed. Kayden started to cry, and I knew that he was hungry. I read in a book that breastfeeding is better for babies, so I grabbed the breastfeeding cover and started to feed Kayden.

"Just saying," I chuckled. Carter pulled me closer to him, and nuzzled his head in my neck.

"You're gonna be a great mother Natalie," Carter mumbled.

"Thanks babe," I smiled,"And you're going to be an amazing father."

"We'll see,"he sighed.

"You'll do fine,"I assured.

"I hope you're right," he replied.

"I am,"I smiled,"I'm always right." Carter laughed, and kissed my cheek.

"I love you Natalie,"he whispered, in my ear. I must admit I was quite stunned by his words. He loves me..... Do I love him? My mouth seemed to answer that question.

"I love you too Carter," I smiled. I guess I do love Carter...

______________

Here's a happy filler chapter for you guys. Be prepared for some more drama in the next few chapters. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you're prepared for the rest of the book.

You all are the best readers ever!!! Have a lovely day/night!!

Please Comment & Vote