Chapter 2: Guilty Is A Deadly Thing

(Not Edited)

Chapter 2: Guilt Is A Deadly Thing

I place the Atlas so it can stand on the table. I tiredly yawn and rest my head and arms on the shiny table as well. Since my brother and I kept tussling about who should get the last fortune cookie and I watched all season 4 of Once Upon a Time, I hardly got any sleep. I try my best to convince my dear oh sweet mother to let me have a few minutes of shut eye since we practically live three houses way from the school. Unfortunately, she kicked me out the house.

Now I'm here in the library taking a nap. Of course, I had to lie to Ms. Henchdell, the Librarian, telling her that I had something very important to do. Trust me. The lie was worth it.

A few minutes later...

"Abby"

"Abby"

"Please wake up Abby"

"Give me a few minutes." I groan.

"A few Minutes! The bell is going to ring in 2 minutes!"

"Ms. Henchdell" I whine while my eyes remain close.

"This isn't Ms. Henchdell."

I slowly opened my eyes and stretch. I fix my short curly afro like hair before it turned into one of Medusa's minions.

"Oh, it's you." I say as my droopy eyes connected with Cameron's.

"I was looking for you everywhere." He breathes out.

"Oh, I'm sorry for the wild goose chase."

"Anyways, here you go." He unzips his backpack and hand me my Math and Science copybook.

"Thanks" I say as I take it.

"Well"

"Huh" I say confusedly.

"Where's the report for Lauren. She is waiting for me by her locker." He say in a duh tone.

Oh Shit! My heart felt like to sharp knife slicing it when I heard Cameron said report. I didn't keep my word. I broke the deal. I was too busy doing nonsense yesterday that I totally forgot about it. Now, it's too late. I wish Albert Einstein would have invent a time travelling machine for I can go back in time and fix my stupid mistake. But sadly, he didn't. I started to feel uneasy instantly.

"Abby, Are you alright?" Cameron noticed my troubled state.

"I got to go" Without thinking, I hastily got up from the chair and grab my skateboard which was underneath the table. I dashed through the doors trying to make a run for it. It just seems like running away is the best the solution than telling Cameron the truth.

"No running in the Library you ungrateful children!" I heard Ms. Henchdell screeched. Well, I guess this wasn't the best strategy after all.

"Abby, Where's the report!" Cameron yelled in rage as his charge after me like an untamed bull.

"Excuse me Excuse me" I scurried between the herd of students.

"ABBY" Cameron screamed which make me feel like adrenaline is pumping through my veins.

I rush into my Geometry Class just when the bell rang. Phew, saved by the bell.

"Good Morning Ms. Chanfest" I greeted my teacher as I approach my seat, 3rd row 3rd seat.

"Good Moring Miss Gold" She replied with one of her heartwarming smiles. As much as I hate any math class, the teacher didn't turn out to be a bad teacher after all.